Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2007, 04:37 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

I was in the MH tonight, hook to 30 amp supply, electric heat on along with several lights. Amp draw was about 22 amps with TV on and direct tv unit on. Suddenly lost power to TV and dirsect TV unit. Checked all circuit breakers and fuse pnels but all appear ok.

MH is 2007 Journey 36G with the power center. Could the power center have cut the power to the outlet where the TV and direct box is hooked up to to keep amperage within limits. Will the or should the power come back to the outlet automatically or should I suspect an electrical gremlin.
jk_and_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 04:37 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I was in the MH tonight, hook to 30 amp supply, electric heat on along with several lights. Amp draw was about 22 amps with TV on and direct tv unit on. Suddenly lost power to TV and dirsect TV unit. Checked all circuit breakers and fuse pnels but all appear ok.

MH is 2007 Journey 36G with the power center. Could the power center have cut the power to the outlet where the TV and direct box is hooked up to to keep amperage within limits. Will the or should the power come back to the outlet automatically or should I suspect an electrical gremlin.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:26 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Just a stab, but check to see if your GFCI outlets/breakers have tripped...there's one at the end of the kitchen counter.

You could try running an extension cord from another outlet to power the receiver and TV on a temporary basis...

05 Journey 36G CAT C7
diesellabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 06:00 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

You may want to check the reset button on the inverter. Ours has what looks like a GFI button on the inverter.
GrandpaRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 11:38 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

had the same thing happen once for a couple hours, just the plugs above the dash. checked all the above post suggestions. they came back on we never had that happen again, 2 years and we never new what went wrong. 06 journey 36. Don
Old 11-05-2007, 01:42 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

As far as I know, our EMS unit doesn't control any outlets.

Is it possible you had a power dropout that really affected the entire coach? You might not notice the interruption in a light or heater, but a TV might not stay on for a __ millisecond outage. If your inverter isn't fast enough in the switch-over on loss of mains, you might see a TV power off.

A thought - do you have the inverter enabled?

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:33 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Same thing occured with our coach last week. Only shut down the overhead tv plug and the sat receiver plug(same cabinet). TV would not come back on so I went immediately to the rear bedroom tv and all was ok. Several minutes later tried the front tv and it came back to life. Wierd!! Must be the AC Gremlins. If anyone figures this out or takes any gremlins prisoner please let us know what your interrogation produces. I will do the same.

07 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:40 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

When we lost power to our rear TV... I reset the inverter all went back to normal..
Your front TV, rear TV, VCR and Sat Receiver are plugged into the inverter...
On the front of ours there is a Circuit breaker button and a reset power on/off button.
Hit the Power off then back on it should reset the inverter..
Like John said I think sometimes the inverter hangs up... It only happend to us once in 3 years.
Trek-Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 04:40 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Well all things said and done, i guess sometime we just lose control of our thoughts and we rely too much on gadets and we think that the new thing is what breaks down first since the old things never go bad.....

New thing, the MH was fine, she worked like she was suppose to...she kept the lights on during the lost TV and direct box...and I'm a little embarrassed about this but next morning I decided to check the house (home) circut breaker and sure enough she had tripped before the 30 amp on the pole. The house circut bresakers, being 30 yrs old i guess is getting a little weak. Time to upgrade the home electric..

Thanks for all the info.
jk