Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-11-2017, 07:22 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Stereo Installation

I have a new to me Winnebago Journey 32t. It had a Magnadyne 9900 stereo from the factory. That radio is gone and just the hole left. I have a Pioneer AVH-x2800BS radio, new in the box. The magnadyne had a 1.5 din cage, which I removed. I need to cut the fiberglass to accept a 2 din cage. Anyone done an install like this. Not sure what to get for a cage(install kit). Don't have the old radio to see how it was held in. Also it looks like many more wires on the Pioneer harness than what is in the existing Magnadyne harness. Basic wires in the existing harness but doesn't look like speaker wires are in it. Are the speakers wired to the overhead entertainment switching console.
Sorry about the terminology and long post, but as you can see not familiar with this stuff. Any help would be appreciated. This is my first ever RV.
Thanks
Bob
rmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 12:11 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe
I would say just go for it. I have a Jensen from the factory, and it has 6 or 8 wires that aren't used but it works great through the surround sound system. Don't know about the support, but there must be something back there. How about a pic? Good luck & Happy tunes!
2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, GP, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with GSXR 1100T or KLR650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 03:40 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Recently replaced the Magnadyne 9999 dash radio in my WBGO.
Call Magnadyne and they'll sell you a wiring harness (about $25) that will plug into you're existing harness and plug into you're new radio.
Makes for a real simple & easy install.

Good luck

Phil
MVSummerwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 06:48 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Chieftian Radio question

http://www.irv2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325955
This is how I did mine. I don't know your setup but it's not hard to do.
Old 02-12-2017, 08:32 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

rmatt, this may help with the wiring.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf New Aftermarket Radio Harness Installation.pdf (92.3 KB, 145 views)
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 09:12 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

I didn't see it posted any where, exactly what model, year yours is. You can get the wiring diagrams off Winnebago's site for your coach if it's not too old. I would recommend that you download all of the diagrams and safe them for your records. They will come in handy just for things like this.
Use them wiring diagrams and the hookup will be easy. As far as the actual install, you will have to get creative and make your own attachments to what's in the dash to hold it in.
Been there done that
Have fun.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:10 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

First, thanks for all the replies. After taking a closer look ant the existing wiring and what came with the new radio( Pioneer AVH-x2800BS) the installation looked less demanding. Wire color to color was straight forward. Got a Pioneer 2 sin cage, which required opening the hole from 1.5 din to 2 din. All in all a great success.
Thanks again
Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170217_073548.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	152133  
rmatt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install