Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-20-2023, 01:21 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Step not Retracting with Engine Running

Hi,

I have a 2021 Winnebago view and the step does not retract with the engine running. The step works fine otherwise. I have no 12V on the "yellow" engine override wire on the 4 way connector. I can not find where this wire is feed from does anyone know?

Thanks
TENT42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 03:18 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I've been wondering where these ignition signals come from also. We don't have much information on the chassis. I suspect the source could be under the driver's seat.

The only way I know to find it would be to get the wiring number off the wiring supplied by Winnebago and try to locate a wire with the same code on the other end. But it might not be connected.

Have you looked at the Winnebago drawings to see if they show anything? I took a quick look and didn't see anything showing the steps.
Old 02-20-2023, 03:38 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

So my bad...
I went under and got the code of the wire which was AEX turns out that its feed from the PSM and is now tied to the SIGNAL-TRANS NOT IN PARK (+12V) so unlike ever other Winnebago I have owned this one brings the steps up when in D rive and not just the engine running so everything is working I just never tied that.
TENT42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 04:00 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Congrats to you Tent42!
My first thought would have been to say the step wiring might not be included in the Winnebago info many of the small parts like appliances are not covered very far. Good to see you were able to chase down the right labeling and do the search for getting the right answer.
I do lots of looking at the drawings and would likely have missed thinking to check the labels!
Sometimes we have to really do some head banging to get there, so congrats on sticking to the game!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 04:04 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

double post deleted
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine