Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2013, 06:32 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Smile sony back up camera

I have a 2001 winnebago adventurer with the sony back up camera. When I tried to turn it on nothing happened. I read some posts about blown fuses. I haven't checked for that yet, would these fuses be under the hood? Thanks for any help
shumate6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:36 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Welcome to the forum. Here's a link to some pervious threads which may assist.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...rp.i6ZRY0JQSiw
Good luck and please update us when you can.
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:10 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by shumate6 View Post
I have a 2001 winnebago adventurer with the sony back up camera. When I tried to turn it on nothing happened. I read some posts about blown fuses. I haven't checked for that yet, would these fuses be under the hood? Thanks for any help
my bu cam system is on the same fuse as the coach heater system. the fuse panel is under the dash.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:15 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks. Dan, I found the fuse, it was blown. I noticed the fuse was a 20amp instead of a 5. I imagine the previous owner made the change. I haven't had the mh long. We hope to try it out the first week of april for a few days to make sure everything works. Our plan is to go out west this summer if all goes well.
shumate6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:44 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Thanks for the update.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:45 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Thanks. Dan, I found the fuse, it was blown. I noticed the fuse was a 20amp instead of a 5. I imagine the previous owner made the change. I haven't had the mh long. We hope to try it out the first week of april for a few days to make sure everything works. Our plan is to go out west this summer if all goes well.
Wow the circuit was designed for a 5A fuse and it blew a 20A fuse. Obviously the 20A fuse was not high enough (just kidding). You are lucky the wire did not melt and start a fire. This is like putting pennies in the old time fuse panels ---eeks.

I suspect you checked other fuses to see if they were the correct rating. It is amazing that some people think the corrective action to blowing fuses is to put larger fuses in until it does not blow.
Libero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:46 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Thanks. Dan, I found the fuse, it was blown. I noticed the fuse was a 20amp instead of a 5.
Hey, if it blows again, just replace it with a 30 amp fuse, that ought to work! NO just kidding, stick with a 5 amp, if it blows, you need to find the problem.
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:11 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
my coach heater blower is on the same circuit as the bu cam. the basket in the blower was rubbing on the housing.
the coach heater switch was left on inadvertently (my niece was playing in the drivers seat the day before) and it blew the fuse.
when another fuse blew, i disconnected the power from the coach heater switch. imo repairing the blower is more trouble than it is worth.
if you do a search, you will find a lot of info about repairing the coach heater blower on this forum.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera