Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-27-2021, 10:05 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Some ceiling lights not working

I am having issues with my ceiling flourcient ceiling lights in my 2003 Itasca suncrusier... all of them will not light..not sure what fuse they run off of but we checked all fuses we are camping and connected to shore power.can anyone help
Esiordia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 11:28 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

There are five different models of that year and model, so starting with the correct one to look at drawings makes for better answers. Also if you can specify where the lights are located, it may be helpful as they don't spell out which is flourescent on the drawings.

See attached for what I mean? Click picture for better view.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lights.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	181375  
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 01:06 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Omg thanks for replying..the ceiling lights are in the lounge area. All others are not flourescent. All 3 ceiling lights will not go on. We checked fuel under step a d by entry door and they are all ok..we bought new bulbs and still not working..please please can you help me
Old 11-27-2021, 01:08 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Model IFG 33 V
Old 11-27-2021, 01:15 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Dinette and galley lights are not working there are 3 ceiling lights not working all floursecent
Old 11-27-2021, 01:16 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I would send a picture but do not know how to attach one
Old 11-27-2021, 01:17 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I am having difficulty maneuvering around this site...god I feel so helpless
Old 11-27-2021, 01:25 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Richard..thank you for trying to help..much appreciated
Old 11-27-2021, 07:40 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I am really confused who is trying to help me? I see alot of reply and they do not seem to apply to my issues with the ceiling lights.. Richard I think us trying to help I think.
Old 11-28-2021, 06:58 AM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esiordia View Post
I am really confused who is trying to help me? I see alot of reply and they do not seem to apply to my issues with the ceiling lights.. Richard I think us trying to help I think.
This is why it is best practice to start a new thread for your new question rather than add your question to an existing thread on a different subject.

I’m a moderator. I have attempted to isolate your question and move it to a new thread. I hope this helps.
Old 11-28-2021, 07:07 AM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esiordia View Post
I would send a picture but do not know how to attach one
How to add photos to a post

The photo should reside on your computer, tablet or phone. If you have a photo at Google or Dropbox or similar cloud location download it (Right click Save Photo As) to your computer, tablet or phone FIRST.

Here's how to post a photo inside an existing thread that you are replying to:

Click scroll down to bottom of a thread to the Quick Reply editor box.
  • At the bottom of the Quick Reply box, click "go advanced" and then scroll down.
  • Click "Manage attachments" A separate window will pop up.
  • Click "browse" Then select the file to be uploaded from your computer, tablet or phone's photo gallery. You may select several photos to upload at the same time by repeating the last step.
  • Click "Upload" After pics have loaded close the pop-up window
  • Click "submit reply" to mount the text of your message - photos will automatically appear at the bottom of your post.

IF you are starting a new thread then you can skip the whole "Go Advanced" instruction because when starting a new thread you are already in the Advanced Editor. So, in this case you just scroll down to the "Manage Attachments" button in the Advanced Editor.
Old 11-30-2021, 08:47 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

I am needing help with the lights in the ceiling 2 in the kitchen and 1in the lounge area. They are all fluorescent. I have a 2003 suncrusier... the switch by the control panel operates 2 of the lights in the kitchen and the switch by the entry door operates the one in the lounge area. They all went out at the same time we bought new bulbs and that did not help. Before this happened We tried to switch out the one in the lounge area with a new led light, however after we were ready to install it we realized the screws in the new light would not line up with the ceiling of the pre-existing ones so we did not install it, however we did cut the wires that were on the original light to connect to the new led light so we had to reconnect them to replace the original light. We did that by using a wire screw cap to connect the wires not the cripped wire connector it had originally had because we didn't have one like that. The light did work a few times after we replaced the old light so we are not sure if that is a problem. Maybe we need to replace the wire screw cap to a cripped wire connector...any thoughts on this...and yes we checked breakers all were okay..maybe breaker is bad..any help would be greatly appreciated...I hope I am doing this right... this should be a new thread...
Old 12-01-2021, 07:42 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Ceiling lights

Here is a picture of the light that we tried to change to ked with the screw wire caps..
Not sure I am doing this right trying to send photo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20211127_135146.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	181410  
Old 12-01-2021, 07:44 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Yeah I did it..so proud of myself..thanks for all your patience..now if someone can help me figure out how to fix my problem with these lights
Old 12-01-2021, 08:26 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

We had a similar issue with our living room ceiling light. We had a breaker (over the microwave) pop out. Turned out to be a dead battery. Disconnect your batteries and check amps. May be that simple for you as well. Good luck
Old 12-01-2021, 08:39 PM   #16
Winnebago Owner

Peggwn..not sure we have same issue..batteries read fine on control panel. Breakers are all good ..I don't think we have the same kind of rv..thanks though
Old 12-02-2021, 12:26 AM   #17
Winnebago Owner

I'm gonna strongly guess the screw on connectors are the problem. Just read hook each one, one at a time. Those twist connectors are generally at fault.
Old 12-02-2021, 07:23 AM   #18
Winnebago Owner

Esiordia - Just a follow-up for clarity. Our Suncruiser is a 2000 32V, and our interiors are probably very nearly the same based on your desription since as I understand it the about the only thing that really changed was the switch to the 8.1L engine. I hope the interior options and decor improved.

Our breaker for the three flourescent interior lights did pop back out each time we pushed it in, but the lounge light did come on for a few seconds before popping the breaker out again. Oddly, when we turned on the lounge light the other flourescents tuned off until the lounge light popped the breaker again; they then came back on. It was confusing. Apparently just enough juice left for four lights but not five.

My batteries also read good at the control panel, but I think they will when connected to shore porwer. However, when I disconnected the batteries and checked them (under the steps) they read 2.4amps.

Dickb46 had a very good suggestion about rechecking your connectors. I had assumed you had already rechecked your connections. Last year I started using WAGO Lever-Nuts instead of twist-style connectors. They seem to make better connections. I am finding them easier to use after a little more experience. These old hands of mine are having a tougher time holding and twisting wires.

We all hope you can resolve your issue. Keep asking questions. Good luck.
Old 12-02-2021, 11:15 PM   #19
Winnebago Owner

Esiordia - I must correct the number of flourescent ceiling lights we have: 1 in the lounge area, 1 in the dinette area, 2 in the hallway, and 1 in the bedroom, a total of 5. Have you resolved your issue?
Old 12-11-2021, 12:33 PM   #20
Winnebago Owner

No I have my son here he is an electrician he thinks it's the ground but not sure where they connect can anyone help the diagram does not show where the ground wire goes