Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2023, 09:54 AM   #61
Winnebago Owner

Exclamation

These are notes from my son who is an electrician.. that clearly states what he did.. we can't find the red circle.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20211211_170758.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	185.3 KB
ID:	185421   Click image for larger version

Name:	20211211_170551.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	150.6 KB
ID:	185423  

Name:	Screenshot_20230319-110003_Gallery.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	185424  
Esiordia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 04:59 PM   #62
Winnebago Master

Been a really dumb day around here! Sundays seem to get out of control at times but things have slowed down a bit to take a look at this again.

But we are still not getting the info we need. I agree with what you are wanting and it looks like what is needed!

Good thinking on showing the switches reveresed!

The only location we get on that 9 pin connection is that it is behind the monitor panel! That puts it "somewhere" in that mess of wiring you show in one of your pictures but they don't tell us anything more.
I might guess it could be a bundle of wires that just passes behind the monitor but not connect to the monitor?

Name:	Where to buss copy.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	185426

It shows a wiring harnsess that goes both up and down from the switch and the part that goes up looks like it then goes through a hole to the ceiling.
Since they don't give us any more info on exactly where, I would have to look back behind the monitor for a nine pin connector OR if you can find where it goes into the ceiling, maybe shaking it above the monitor would let you spot it where the plug should be?
No more info of any sort on that???

But then finding the buss bar is giving me the same bad info. I find in the parts list that there ARE two of them but nothing on WHERE.

Name:	buss copy.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	185428

It shows the wiring harness goes like the blue line back and then down through the floor and under the floor is where I would expect to find a buss bar of this sort. What I have seen have been big copper bars that are fastened really well to the main frame of the RV.
Wonder if he could find a wiring harness that comes down from the floor if looking underneath the RV?
No better info on that other than the guess at where it shows?? It is not something small but it can still be hiding just on the other side of the main frame and we can be looking nearly right at it but not see it!

It can't be too small with nine wires on it, but where is still a question. Sorry, they are not telling us that. I tried looking at later models of the Suncruiser as they often keep the same parts but the one you have seems to be about the last of that lineup, so no luck there.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ne ground.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	185427  
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 05:30 PM   #63
Winnebago Owner

Behind the control panel there is not a white wire with NE on it..but I can check again..I am almost ready to give up again...weather is still to cold here... so crawing under the rv for the buss bar is not going to happen for a while...you have been great trying to help us and not giving up..thank you sooo much.. I will let you know if we find out anything...but splicing the neuteral wire from the hall ceiling light to the 3 other celing lights is sounding better and better to me... we can hide the neuteral wire with a cover that hides cords. Tks again...
Old 03-19-2023, 06:03 PM   #64
Winnebago Master

Know what you mean on both counts and especially the weather!
Something that I 'might" see happening is the cable and plug may run up along the corner or something if it is not connected to the monitor panel in any way.
Any way to reach in to feel for something hiding where you can't spot it easy? Maybe stick a flashlight and mirror in to look where you can't see from the front?

Lots of wires and lots of stuff can hide, so I'll wish you luck.
I'm pretty well out of info!
Old 03-20-2023, 10:11 AM   #65
Winnebago Master

Not that is will be much help if you are not able to find this plug but another though?

If you can find that bundle of wires and or the plug behind the monitor panel, I t may be helpfull to know you don't really HAVE to search to t he other end for the ground if it is not good at the buss bar as there is an alternate.

Looking at the other lights that work off that plug, there are severla other wires which are also grounds used by the other lights. Seems extravagant but they show they ran several wires from the buss bar to this plug and on to each different light.
Since ALL are just straight runs to the buss bars, I might not worry the issue more an just tie the bad/open ground wire to one of the others which is good!

This drawing gives the ID of ground for other lights.

Name:	grnds.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	185436

So any connection between pins 1,2, or 3 or the wires that go into those pins will give good ground to the problem lights?

That still doesn't hel;p to find the plug and bundle but maybe a shorter path once found?
Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	grounds.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	185437  
Old 03-20-2023, 11:22 AM   #66
Winnebago Owner

We cannot find that 9 pin connector. Darn it ...but are still looking thanks for the idea of connecting the bad NE neuteral with the NF or ND..neuteral...thanks for not giving up on us ...much appreciated...
Old 03-20-2023, 01:21 PM   #67
Winnebago Master

Something that seems radical but might be worth looking at what it would take? I have had places where I really needed to get into walls on RV and found they come apart pretty easy if I worked slow to avoid making anything that showed when done.

If you have the thing plywood walls with trim strips at corners, I have had good luck pulling that trim off and then the plywood is just stapled on so that they pulled out of the wood without tearing the plywood up.

Since the switches have to be on wires, it seems like the plug should be there somewhere, just hiding really well?/

But then I'm not the one looking so ignore me if it fits!!!!
Old 03-20-2023, 02:26 PM   #68
Winnebago Owner

I really do admire your perseverance..I am honestly getting quite angry..and I just want to quit...sometimes I just think k we are sooo close..we can really see behind the control panel..there is even a place at the bottom...just can't seem to locate Wire NE or the connector with that wire..both wires coming out of the switch are yellow..so we go not think it's a bad switch. When we k ow the white wire is the neuteral and that is the o e that is not wirking