Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2018, 12:45 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Solar wiring

In my '97 Adventurer I found a fuse for solar panel. With no panel installed, can anyone tell me where the wiring for this is located so I can use this fuse (whether for solar or something else)?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WinnieFuses.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	170256  
n0ukf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 05:26 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I think that 5 amp fuse is for a small 10watt solar panel used to keep the house batteries charged when the RV is in storage. My 2006 Journey has the solar panel, I don't know if they put the solar panel on the Adventurer.

At 5 amps the fuse is very limited in what you can use it for. Unless you can determine the wire size feeding the fuse you should not replace the fuse with a higher amperage fuse.
al1florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 07:57 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I know it doesn't have a solar panel installed. What I want to know is where the wire on that fuse goes to possibly use it for whatever.
Old 09-26-2018, 02:08 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Winnebago has wiring diagrams available at: https://winnebagoind.com/diagram/Wiring.htm
That probably will help you find where the wire goes.
al1florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 02:27 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I haven't yet seen anything indicating where the solar wire is. Any time I saw the fuse blocks illustrated, the solar fuse was unmarked, it's only marked on the motorhome itself.
Old 09-30-2018, 12:58 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Aside from the size of the fuse, the wiring is going to be to small of a gauge to be useful for any reasonably sized solar panel.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 05:30 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2004 Adventurer with the solar panel. The panel does not appear to be working, friends say it is worn out and the charge light is not working on the monitor panel. I don't know where the fuse/CB is for the panel and the wiring diagram is useless for this. I don't know if the wiring is even connected to the battery. Friends say I should remove the panel which would allow the refrigerator to vent better. Leave the wiring in place and use to pull heavier wire when installing bigger solar panels.
BobT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:14 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobT View Post
I have a 2004 Adventurer with the solar panel. The panel does not appear to be working, friends say it is worn out and the charge light is not working on the monitor panel. I don't know where the fuse/CB is for the panel and the wiring diagram is useless for this. I don't know if the wiring is even connected to the battery. Friends say I should remove the panel which would allow the refrigerator to vent better. Leave the wiring in place and use to pull heavier wire when installing bigger solar panels.
If your 2004 Adventurer is any thing like my 2002 Suncruiser, there's a solar panel breaker behind the removable kick panel above your batteries in your step-well. You should be able to trace the wire's to the battery from there.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wiring, solar