Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2016, 04:34 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchflicke View Post
Thanks for the replies, but I just cannot get my head around the idea that you could loosen the wheel nuts with a 2' breaker bar. If I recall correctly, the torque on them is like 500 or 600 foot pounds. I'd go along with the notion that the bar is to remove the 'pal nuts' that hold the wheel cover on and to get at the 'pal nuts' you need to use the flimsy little plier thingie to grip the 'pal nut' covers. Sounds like a performance to get it ready for the roadside guy to change a flat.
Again, what I have is BOTH a T-handle wrench for the lug covers, and a larger 2-piece lug wrench. The small T-Handle wrench fits the 2 "pal-nut" lug covers that hold the chrome wheel liner on. The large, 2-piece wrench does not fit the covers, but DOES fit the actual lug nuts.

Now, whether or not I could actually break them loose or tighten them using it is up for question, but I do indeed have a lug wrench for my MH (2004 Itasca Sunrise M30W, W22 8.1 Chassis, 19.5" tires) that is mounted in clips in the compartment. Certainly looks factory provided to me.

4x4van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 01:03 AM   #22
Winnebago Master

Journeywinn,
U gotta open the pressure release valves on the solenoids or the slides will not move...
The lug nut torque is 475 '#s on 19.5 and 22.5 wheels.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 08:14 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the pix 4X4 van. Now I know what those unused clips are for and what the steel bar is for too. I shall move my 1/2 inch extension and socket there. Good to see you stock some DEX Cool too!!
Old 08-28-2016, 11:00 AM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchflicke View Post
Thanks for the pix 4X4 van. Now I know what those unused clips are for and what the steel bar is for too. I shall move my 1/2 inch extension and socket there. Good to see you stock some DEX Cool too!!
Thanks. There are also a couple of clips below the lug wrench that I have no idea about. The Pal-nut T-handle wrench doesn't fit there, and the front and back clips are different, as well as smaller than the lug wrench clips. No clue what is supposed to go there.
4x4van is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out