Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-26-2021, 08:09 AM   #21
Winnie-Wise

I'm a little confused, but perhaps I'm miss-remembering and there's too much snow out there to do a test...but I've been in a similar situation with my 2108DS. I had removed the battery for winter and then wanted to run the slide to do some maintenance. I just brought my SUV around, hooked up to my tow connector (my SUV needs to be running to get power), and then could run the slide no problem at all.

I suppose a dead battery might be different as it might be sucking away all the amps from the tow vehicle so the slide doesn't have enough power. If that were the case, then unhooking the battery would be a temporary cure to run the slide in.

Also, if you go the route of somehow connecting shore power (generator, whatever), remember you need to have the battery disconnect on for the charger's power to get to the battery wires in order to get to the slide. This is due to the goofy way (my opinion) they wire the slide direct to the battery. The same is true for the jack. This probably isn't an issue unless you are packing up to go and have already flipped the switch and forgotten about it.
tinglett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, slide, slide out