Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-21-2021, 07:34 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Should I upgrade to Lithium? Can't find info on my Converter

I'm looking to add more battery life and seems like lithium is the way to go. However I don't know where to find information on what my trailer came with for a power converter and where its located. I have a 2020 Voyage 3235RL that says it comes with a 55 amp Converter. But will this work for lithium?
BeckyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 07:59 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

It will work ok, but it won't charge the last 10% effectively since the standard charging algorithm for FLA batteries cuts it off too early.

If it is a Progressive Dynamics converter, you can buy a dongle for about $20 that extends the 14+ volts for an hour which should help charge up Li batteries completely.

If you want to replace it, it isn't that difficult. A Progressive Dynamics 9160 ALV would be a good solution for Li batteries.

David
DavidM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
converter, upgrade