Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-12-2022, 01:48 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Sharp Microwave turn table fixed

One of the things that became readily apparent when we bought our "New to US", 2004 Winne Brave was the microwave turntable was not working, wouldn't turn when heating.

Didn't affect the operation of the unit it still heated but the turn table refused to budge. So being who I am I tried to force it, well it turned, and turned, freewheeling I had broken the little plastic gear off the top of the motor.

So I set about to fix it, cause that's what I do. Investigating, the bottom of the unit is held on by four Phillips screws so took them off,....first UNPLUG the microwave. Now know this about Microwaves, they are DANGEROUS, there are capacitors located inside that can be lethal even when the unit is unplugged. In investigating the little turn table motor we are only going to remove the bottom so no exposing the Caps.

So the first thing I did was to remove the screws, and gently lower the bottom plate down, aah a couple of things to notice. One, one lamp is missing and yes there is the little motor, so remove one screw and the motor falls out, disconnect it from its power source.

Now to determine if its the motor or the power supply to it. So hook up my trusty OHM/voltmeter to the power leads plug the unit in and activate it for a short 2 second run, watch the reading for 110volts indicated on the meter. Yes make sure the door is closed. Yep 110 indicated. Check the leads on the motor, no ohm reading, indicates an open.

So to the computer and locate the motor via the information on the old motor, yep there is one, for a measly 7 bucks I think it was and even free shipping from eBay. ordered and received.

Put my coffee cup in the micro, it turns and heats HOORAY, works another unit saved.

Safe Travels.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0496 (3).jpg
Views:	33
Size:	347.9 KB
ID:	181993   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0499 (3).jpg
Views:	33
Size:	226.3 KB
ID:	181994  

Click image for larger version