Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2008, 08:12 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

I have a 2001 Journey that has a couple of "floor lights" that have burned out. I have looked at several auto parts stores and CW and have had no success in finding replacement bulbs.

Anyone buy these and if so, where? All the bulbs in the auto parts stores are much larger.

Nick, Journey '01
Old 05-24-2008, 08:12 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I have a 2001 Journey that has a couple of "floor lights" that have burned out. I have looked at several auto parts stores and CW and have had no success in finding replacement bulbs.

Anyone buy these and if so, where? All the bulbs in the auto parts stores are much larger.

Nick, Journey '01
Old 05-24-2008, 08:20 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

If you can remove the bulb, you should be able to read the number off the base. From there, any RV parts department should be able to sell you some replacement bulbs. Good luck.

Jack
Old 05-25-2008, 03:35 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

If it is the "courtesy" night lights near the door, kitchen and bedroom that are about 1" long, cylindrical, with a metal tip on each end like we had on our 01 Itasca Sunflyer, I predict you have 2 options: change the entire fixture or buy a new coach (like we did) . I NEVER found those anywhere, including Winnie and all the usual good sources listed here. You will get answers to try those places, boat suppliers, etc. All have something that looks like them but they won't work. I even removed the fixture and googled the part number, to no avail.

Good luck! Maybe you'll find success that eluded me. Steve
Old 05-25-2008, 03:43 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I found those bulbs at my local Winnebago dealer.
They were about $9.00 each. That dealer is McClain's RV in Mckinney Tx.

2002 36GD Journey DL
Robert Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 04:03 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

The little bayonet bulbs are really odd ducks for sure. I don't recall ever seeing one at a Camping World nor of course Wallyworld, auto parts stores, etc.

They are hanging on the wall in Forest City in the parts area of service (and they are expensive ) I found the bulb and holder at the Winnie surplus store for $1.50 so I bought a few just for the bulbs.

Naturally I haven't needed one yet since we have several spares.

There are some Internet sources for small bulbs - with the bulb number or dimensions it should be fairly easy to locate.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 05:31 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

I bought these bulbs at Lazy Days for $1 each.

I have also seen them online at one the light bulb websites. Search "light bulbs".

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 09:56 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

I got mine from my RV dealer where I bought my coach.$2 or so for 1 bulb.
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 03:46 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

The RV salvage yards around Elkhart Indiana have bins of these lights. Google RV Salvage and you should come up with some addresses.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 06:07 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

After several searches without success I called Lichtsinn and they have the difficult to find bulb replacements.

In case you need the info, they are Festoon lights part #108354-01-700 and cost $1.75 each. They measure 36mm x 6mm

Lonnie and David of Lichtsinn are tops both friendly and competent.

Nick
Old 05-28-2008, 01:52 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

I found them in Walmart,they are not the very same but they fit and the price is right, so far have used them for over a year and they have outlasted the original.
A little tight to put in, make sure light is off to keep from getting fingers burnt.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:09 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

reviving this thread for update

Realizing this thread is 5 years old, I think reviving it for this update is justified.
This link to a LED replacement for the courtesy light bulb may be of interest to several brands of motorhomes: Bright White Festoon Fuse Style Courtesy Light F2BW28mm SKU182 [F2BW28mm] - $5.95 : LEDs 4, Recreational Vehicles in addition to Winnebago owners.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:20 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

Would need a photo of the lights.. On my coach they are common dash indicator lights you can find at any auto parts store.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:01 PM   #14
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Would need a photo of the lights.. On my coach they are common dash indicator lights you can find at any auto parts store.
These are the floor-level lights meant to give enough light to enter the coach(stairs) and see to walk around at night without turning on other lights. They are listed in the W parts manual as interior courtesy lights.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-11-2013, 08:17 PM   #15
Winnie-Wise

The owners manual in my cameo has a list of all of the light bulbs and location. Just use the light model in Google and you can find lots of bulb sources. One halogen bulb is about $7 at Home depot. On line I found the same bulb in quanities of 20 for $23.00.

Ken
Old 11-12-2013, 04:30 AM   #16
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler of california View Post

Nick, Journey '01
RAY,IN
they are called festoon bulbs. the bulb # is GE de3022. i get them at freddy meyers auto dept. these bulbs are a little brighter and last a lot longer than the winnebago bulbs that are available for about $4 each plus shipping at winnebago.com. i have used both. the ge de3022 is very much better.
this lamp is also available as an led from the source below. kinda expensive for me as the ge 3022 lasts a long time and i don't use these lights much. i already have several spares now too.

Festoon Base Bulbs | LED Car Bulbs | Super Bright LEDs
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:18 AM   #17
Winnebago Master

These are for the Winnebago pushers. Can't speak to other brands, that website does. If you do not own a Winnebago or one of the listed brands/models, then this does not apply to your coach.
Thanks for the explanation Dan L, it will help those that are having trouble with my feeble attempt to explain.