Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-29-2007, 06:56 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Hey All, I have a 2004 Adventurer with the factory installed crank-up dish. I finally got direct tv for the house and the rig. I am having a heck of a time getting my rig system working. Any helpful hints? The only way I can even get any Direct tv data on the TV screen is to by-pass the video selctor system entirely. When I do that after I adjust the dish to the exact direction and elevation of the house unit it still wont find a sattelite?????. Is it because I haven't selected a dish type????
bivt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 06:56 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Hey All, I have a 2004 Adventurer with the factory installed crank-up dish. I finally got direct tv for the house and the rig. I am having a heck of a time getting my rig system working. Any helpful hints? The only way I can even get any Direct tv data on the TV screen is to by-pass the video selctor system entirely. When I do that after I adjust the dish to the exact direction and elevation of the house unit it still wont find a sattelite?????. Is it because I haven't selected a dish type????
Old 03-29-2007, 07:07 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

I have the same set up and it works perfectly.
A couple of things you may check. First, make sure the rig is level before you try the dish set up.

Second, make sure that the cable is attached to the right terminal. My rig has a dual input in the back of the over head cabinet. One is for the roof dish and the other is for the remote dish.

Third, go to the menu when you are setting up and get the right coordinates from the zip code screen. Rotate the dish to the correct heading until you get a hit on the signal. Fine tune it by adjusting the elevation up or down as necessary.

Oh, and make sure that you know exactly which direction North is. The dish will be southeast or southwest depending what side of the country you are in (the satelite is out over Texas).

And lastly be absolutely sure that there are no obstructions in front of the dish. Even a minor looking tree limb can block enough of the the signal to prevent you from hitting the satelite.

Good luck, Sarge

Our Travel Blog www.mytripjournal.com/rvnchickalaska
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:08 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Are you using rg6 wiring and are the cable ends good?

Also, there can't be any! trees in the way try moving to a parking lot after you check the wiring. Also check the wire end on the roof crank up.

Usually, you can still get a signal even if your box is not activated on channel 100. to run the dish type you still need a signal to download info.

good luck
peter griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:38 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Okay so I'm a technotard. Which of the two rf connectors in the cabinet plugs into the input jack on the box, the "output" or the "input" and do I run something from the "to tv" jack on the box, and if so where do I plug it?
Also, why wouldn't I see anything on the screen when I try to go through the existing wiring set-up( using the video selecto unit) The only way I can get the Direct TV signal to the TV is by-passing the video selector system entirely.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:31 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Also make sure your TV is on Channel 3. and the DireTv rec. is also set to 3.
2010 Ford Flex
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 04:06 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

This is the way I did mine.
I don't have the video switch box so I used a diplexer and an A/B switch to switch between the exterior dish and the one on the roof.

Yours won't be exactly the same, but you can see which of the connectors on the wall plate goes where though.

Old 03-29-2007, 04:58 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

rvten,

My TV has to be set on channel 4 to work.
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 03:57 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

OK than both rec and TV have to be set to 4.
2010 Ford Flex
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 06:04 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

My video controller must be set on "Aux", not "satelite" to get the satelite feed. I don't know why this was done, unless the continuity was defective on the satelite leg.

Good luck!

Dave
Shuffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 07:26 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
great info
george henry is offline   Reply With Quote