Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2005, 07:16 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Am proud owner of a brand new satellite dish, stand, and all the other stuff. My question is how to set up a stand alone antenna through the router system of the coach. The only way I see is to put the receiver on top where the VCR is and use the cable hookups for the VCR to route it to the TV's. How have other hooked it up? I didn't want the roof satellite system.
Thanks
Old 11-10-2005, 07:16 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Am proud owner of a brand new satellite dish, stand, and all the other stuff. My question is how to set up a stand alone antenna through the router system of the coach. The only way I see is to put the receiver on top where the VCR is and use the cable hookups for the VCR to route it to the TV's. How have other hooked it up? I didn't want the roof satellite system.
Thanks
Old 11-10-2005, 07:48 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Do you have the sat dish connections in the cabinet over the driver seat? If so I attach the sat rec output cable to the sat dish in connection in the cabinet and that will pass the signal to the router then thru to the TV's.

05 Kountry Star 3910
Nick and Sheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 07:55 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

OK yes I have that in the compartment, but thought it only related to the dish on the roof!!! Guess that would work, huh
Thanks I will try it
Old 11-10-2005, 10:55 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Yes it is the terminal connections for the roof mount Dish, that is where you would put your sat rec anyway, using the output from the roof sat to the input on the sat rec. I have a portable unit like you have and I bought a cable piece that is a flat cable to go thru the door, I have a short piece I run from it to the sat rec and from the other end that is thru the doorI run cable to the portable dish.

05 Kountry Star 3910
Nick and Sheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 11:07 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks so much. That pretty much has me set up. Now I have to get used to setting the dish up right and getting it level!!!
Old 11-12-2005, 05:08 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

I am not quite sure what you mean by a router but if you mean a video switchbox you can go to the Wingard web site and see several ways to connect it.
I don't have such a box in my motorhome so used the connection scheme below. The diplexer can be obtained at Radio Shack. You do have to make sure the clerk sells you a diplexer not a splitter. The cost is about 3 dollars. The external dish is connected to the cable connection in the service bay. You have to turn the roof TV amp off when using the dish.
If you don't have the roof dish just ignore the A/B switch and connect the "Sat in" to "DC Pass"

Old 11-12-2005, 05:21 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

yes, the router is the video switch box. I just referred to it as a router from setting up a home wired network!!! Thanks for your diagram - all is helpful.