Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-18-2020, 05:11 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

RUNNING LIGHTS AND DASH lights

1998 chieftain on freight liner chasis... left from PA to GA last week (family emergency) and halfway down i lost my running lights on sides rear and front, everything worked fine before i left and 300-350 miles in..checked all the basic fuses and connections(i think) any help would be great..thanks
Mdubbz48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 06:08 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

So let me do a check of some things?
You've lost most all the outside lights, clearance, marker ,left and right turn signals, a center brake lamp and also the license plate light?
I get some idea of that looking at this drawing for the Freightliner chassis:
http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/1998/126578.pdf
Going down to page four, the right hand section shows a bunch of lights as well as a trailer connection and they seem to have a lot of them strung together on two wires -14 gauge purple (pur) and green (grn) with grn being the ground.
So if all those are out, I might first look at an easy place like the trailer connection and test for both ground on the green point and battery on the purple at all places on that connection. Probably a big flip open cover under the backside? If those are all dead, I would then have to double down on searching out another fuse/breaker location.
Not a full answer for sure but a place to start?
Looked at the one down by the drivers left foot as a possible?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash, light, lights