Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2015, 03:41 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Reseting date and time on MH

Hi all, could you please help me to reset/update the date and time on my Itasca Meridian 36M. It was OK but after storing for winter it shows Jan date.

Regards
Nxkharra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 08:05 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nxkharra View Post
Hi all, could you please help me to reset/update the date and time on my Itasca Meridian 36M. It was OK but after storing for winter it shows Jan date.

Regards
First, please update your signature. If you notice, most of us post our specific equipment. this makes it easier for other members to lend a helping hand when we ask.

Do you have the Itasca information bag? If you do the instructions are in the Freightliner Owners Manual. The book is in two sections. Yellow pages in the front part and white in the rear. The yellow pages have the Info Center instructions. It takes a bit of patience but you will get there.

Happy trails,

Rick Y
Old 04-15-2015, 08:27 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Ricky, thanks. I found my pack , used it and did the reset.
I also updated my signature. Hope dod it roght.

Itasca Meridian 36M, 2013. Jeep Wrangler X, 2009
Full Timer from Norfolk VA
Old 04-15-2015, 08:28 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Also if the info is in my profile then why do i need them in my signature?

Old 04-15-2015, 08:39 AM   #5

Quote:
Regards
Nxkharra
Are you talking about the date/time on a clock?... or on the radio?... or somewhere else?
BTW, I don't believe your Itasca Meridian 36M CARES what the date, (or the time), is.
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 08:59 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
As a courtesy to those who are trying to help you. If it's in your signature, the information is right there and accessible. If it's only in your profile, then the potentially helpful person has to click on your name, then click on the "about me" tab, and then hope the person filled in their profile information. Then they have to go back to the original post.

It's enough extra work so that someone who might be able to help, might not do so because of the extra work. (Or they're camping with a slow connection and don't want to load more pages then necessary, or they're on a phone which makes the extra navigation harder, or whatever.) The point is by putting it in your signature, it makes it easier. Also, if the person didn't put it in their signature, it's quite possible they didn't bother to put it in the profile either, so going to look at it might be wasted effort.

All that being said, you didn't include the information in your signature, you just manually added it to the end of your post. The signature is automatically added to all of your posts, and appears after a dividing line. To set it, go to your UserCP, then click on "Edit Signature" from the links on the left. For example, so far in this thread, jerichorick and myself are the only ones who have set a signature. mel_s has his "signature" as part of his post. See the difference?

It's not wrong to manually add the "signature" to the end of the post, it just involves extra work each time you post. It's a little more work to set a signature, but it's one-time and you don't have to worry about it after that. It saves effort in the long run.
Home base near Buffalo NY, often on the road to a dog show
ShapeShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 01:26 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShapeShifter View Post
As a courtesy to those who are trying to help you. If it's in your signature, the information is right there and accessible. If it's only in your profile, then the potentially helpful person has to click on your name, then click on the "about me" tab, and then hope the person filled in their profile information. Then they have to go back to the original post.

It's enough extra work so that someone who might be able to help, might not do so because of the extra work. (Or they're camping with a slow connection and don't want to load more pages then necessary, or they're on a phone which makes the extra navigation harder, or whatever.) The point is by putting it in your signature, it makes it easier. Also, if the person didn't put it in their signature, it's quite possible they didn't bother to put it in the profile either, so going to look at it might be wasted effort.

All that being said, you didn't include the information in your signature, you just manually added it to the end of your post. The signature is automatically added to all of your posts, and appears after a dividing line. To set it, go to your UserCP, then click on "Edit Signature" from the links on the left. For example, so far in this thread, jerichorick and myself are the only ones who have set a signature. mel_s has his "signature" as part of his post. See the difference?

It's not wrong to manually add the "signature" to the end of the post, it just involves extra work each time you post. It's a little more work to set a signature, but it's one-time and you don't have to worry about it after that. It saves effort in the long run.
By far, this is one of the best responses/reasons/set of thoughts on WHY folks need to put that pertinent information in either a post or, as a signature or, both. I have never understood why it's so hard for folks to do that, even though THEY are the ones asking for help. I could not have said that better myself. Excellent reply.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 01:52 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:

It is now. Wasn't in your first post here. Thanks. Glad you found the information you were looking for.

Rick Y