Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2018, 04:16 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendo6771 View Post
Bought Chinese from amazon.. big mistake. But remember u get what u pay for.. so don’t buy cheapest. Read reviews
I've had the exact opposite experience, though I didn't just look for the cheapest. I went for a combination of cheap and good reviews, Amazon and eBay.

Did my last RV, complete inside conversion, 21 bulbs. Spent a bit over $100. Three years later, not a single failure.
Did my current RV, both inside and outside (everything but the headlights), 59 bulbs, spent a bit over $200. The LEDs available have gotten better, brighter, and cheaper. Not a single failure (been 2 years so far).

I still don't understand people spending $10-15 per bulb for LEDs. Most of mine cost about $2-3. Only a few were more (4" sealed round taillights and backup lights were $25/pair).
Old 06-05-2018, 05:17 PM   #22
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggerlee View Post
I couldn't get your link to open.
But it would seem that if you got the LEDs that would work with a dimmer, they would be fine.
Neither can I but it worked for me when I posted it but now i doesn't. Things have changed over the years so LEDs marketed by reputable companies for RVs are probably OK. As far as the dimmer goes, that covers you for low voltage but not high. From what I remember some of the recommendations were for an 8v - 24v tolerance but 24v sounds high to me.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 05:30 PM   #23

Interesting posts, BobC.
LarryW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:44 PM   #24
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
You can find some types on Amazon, at Camping World, etc. There is also a website called "M4Products" that sells RV bulbs and lighting.

I have M4 LEDs in this coach. I truly am not impressed with their performance. I have occasional flickering on and off problems. This is random and not isolated to any one LED. https://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/...e-door-lights/ or https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...ens/4213/9473/ is another source. Same place, different line.

Many sources if you hunt on line.
Old 06-13-2018, 05:02 PM   #25
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
I have M4 LEDs in this coach. I truly am not impressed with their performance. I have occasional flickering on and off problems. This is random and not isolated to any one LED. https://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/...e-door-lights/ or https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...ens/4213/9473/ is another source. Same place, different line.

Many sources if you hunt on line.
Good to know, Rick. We installed the M4 products a few years ago and they have been flawless.
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 06:17 PM   #26

I hear good reports and bad ones. Hard to understand.
LarryW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 08:46 AM   #27
Winnebago Master

Just had a reoccurring problem with a LED wall lamp this morning. For some strange reason, each time I turn on that lamp the thermostat reads "00". I swapped bulbs with another lamp and the problem went away.

I had to disconnect the LED strip I installed under the patio awning because it causes the same problem. Drove me nuts. Somehow I was able to find a # for the A/C manufacture. It was the tech there that told me of the LED interference problem.

Tags
led