Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2019, 09:24 AM   #1
Winnie Valhalla

Replacing Magnetek 6332 with Progressive Dynamics 4635 Question

Greetings! I'm making the above replacement in my 1999 W322R.

I am perplexed by one wire connected to the Magnetek 6332 12v fuse panel and don't know where, or if, I should connect it to the new PD 4635 12v fuse panel.

On the Magnetek panel there is a #10 purple wire connected to the #1 (furthest left) lug below the fuse slot. There is no fuse in this slot. When I test between this lug and ground, I get 12.5 volts.

The coach was built with an electric step which was removed before I bought it.

In the coach battery compartment, there are two batteries and several push button circuit breakers. Two 6A amp ones are labeled electric step "Ignition Power" and "Control Power". There is an electric step 25A breaker labeled "Battery Power"

Additionally there is a 6A breaker labeled "Battery Mode" switch, and a 30A
breaker labeled "Coach Breaker Panel"

I wonder if the Magnetek fuse panel Slot one #10 purple wire comes from this breaker.

As I try to educate myself any thoughts or information on the Magnetek 6332 that might help me do the conversion is greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Danner
vikingminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 10:28 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I can't answer your question, but I'm about to tackle the same upgrade to my 89' Chieftain. So, I look forward to what more experienced members have to say.
Old 06-14-2019, 10:51 AM   #3
Just Trying to Help

DannerFirst off, welcome to winnieowners!

Second, you should add a signature to your user profile. It usually includes the year, make and model of your coach, but can include other information. A signature is appended to each post. To create/edit a signature, click on the "User CP" link in the orange bar at the top, then click on "Edit Signature."

Wiring diagrams are available for your coach:

1999 Minnie/Spirit 322R Wiring Diagram Book

This diagram set, Sheet 3 (page 4 of the PDF)

Body, Wiring Installation

shows the 120/12V power center, and which wire is supposed to go from the fuse panel to loads.

You should find this diagram set helpful, too:

Body, 12V Wiring Diagram

This document lists the circuit abbreviations and their from-to pairs:

Wiring Identification Guide
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 12:11 PM   #4
Winnie Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1v3fr33ord1 View Post
DannerFirst off, welcome to winnieowners!

Second, you should add a signature to your user profile. It usually includes the year, make and model of your coach, but can include other information. A signature is appended to each post. To create/edit a signature, click on the "User CP" link in the orange bar at the top, then click on "Edit Signature."

Wiring diagrams are available for your coach:

1999 Minnie/Spirit 322R Wiring Diagram Book

This diagram set, Sheet 3 (page 4 of the PDF)

Body, Wiring Installation

shows the 120/12V power center, and which wire is supposed to go from the fuse panel to loads.

You should find this diagram set helpful, too:

Body, 12V Wiring Diagram

This document lists the circuit abbreviations and their from-to pairs:

Wiring Identification Guide
Thanks for your prompt help! My 12v panel actually has every thing "shifted" to the right, that is, 5A Fridge is on fuse 2, Lamps on fuse 3 etc.

Fuse position # 1 has the 10 ga wire attached to the lug below the #1 fuse slot, with no fuse in the slot. When I probe the lug to ground I get 12.5 v. Very perplexing.
I'm going to try to refine my post by adding an image of the fuse panel/

Cheers!

Danner
Old 06-14-2019, 12:15 PM   #5
Winnie Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericb760 View Post
I can't answer your question, but I'm about to tackle the same upgrade to my 89' Chieftain. So, I look forward to what more experienced members have to say.
Greetings from Oregon! I'll keep in touch if I learn anything that I think might help you.

My Minnie seems to have an odd configuration at the 12v fuse panel. Hopefully yours will be more straight forward.

Cheers!

Danner
Old 06-14-2019, 12:19 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

My 89 has the 12V fuse panel above the fridge. They are button type pop-up fuses. I haven't yet tried to dissect how the old converter is wired in.