Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2008, 01:17 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

I have seen several discussions on removing the wood and plastic combo bezels from the front TV, but my '96 Itasca has an all plastic bezel. It looks like it should just slide off with a proper amount of force, but when I tried that it felt like I'd either destroy the bezel or rip my fingernails out. Any clues on how to get this bezel off so I can begin replacing the TV?

'96 Itasca Suncruiser
Glenn in TN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:17 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

I have seen several discussions on removing the wood and plastic combo bezels from the front TV, but my '96 Itasca has an all plastic bezel. It looks like it should just slide off with a proper amount of force, but when I tried that it felt like I'd either destroy the bezel or rip my fingernails out. Any clues on how to get this bezel off so I can begin replacing the TV?

'96 Itasca Suncruiser
Old 03-27-2008, 06:29 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Hi Glenn,

The threads in the Winnebago owners sections may give you some clue if you can find your year of MH, bit if not this is my advice. In my Itasca there is a variety of screws holding the facia in place. Two in each side cabinet next to the TV, half a dozen around the bottom of the plastic shroud at the bottom of the TV cabinet, and even the screws that secure the center sun visor (if you have one). Go slow, and look in all cabinets that surround the TV enclousure. If all else fails, it may be some really strong velcro.

Good luck, let us know what you find out.

Sarge

Our Travel Blog www.mytripjournal.com/rvnchickalaska
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 05:03 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

My 1994 Vectra's TV front plastic trim was held on with velcro. I replaced the TV and used screws to reinstall the trim.

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:51 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

One of our prior mh's was a 96 Suncruiser. The front TV bezel was held on with the heavy duty velcro. It takes a good hard pull to get it to turn loose. I didn't break it, but I can see where you could. I think if you work your way around it a little at a time you will hear it release. When you put it back on, a good sharp blow on the bezel will reseat the velcro.

Robb & Sue Steinheider
Duncan the Dalmation
03 Ultimate Advantage
02 Saturn L100 Toad
robbstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 07:50 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks Robb, that gives me the confidence to just give it a hard pull. One clarification question though, does the velcro pull appart by a direct pull toward the rear of the motor home, or is it on the sides of the bezel and needs to be popped loose before pulling straight out?

Glenn & Bev Talbott
'96 Itasca Suncruiser
'03 Jeep Liberty Toad

'96 Itasca Suncruiser
Old 03-31-2008, 08:01 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

My 03 has screws that went into the shroud from the the two compartments that are on both sides, next to the shroud. Look in the compartment with a flashlight. 2 screws on each side. along with the screws on the bottom.