Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-21-2017, 10:56 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Relays Behind out side Fuse Panel

I have a 2012 Winnebago Vista 30T, my converter is putting out about 13.6 volts measured at the panel in the breaker box. However my house batteries will not charge, I have checked all the connections I can find. Now behind the fuse box in the front passenger side out side compartment there are 3 relays, I think one of them is the relay that allows the batteries to charge but don't know which one. Any help would be appreciated.

hmmmm couldn't get the pic to load
Okierambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:25 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe
Salesman switch isn't off by any chance?
2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, GP, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with GSXR 1100T or KLR650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 08:05 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unplanned View Post

OK I got to know, where and what is this Salesman Switch?
Old 02-21-2017, 08:20 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

It's a switch usually just inside the door that turns off the house batteries. If turned off, it cuts the 12 volts from house batteries to the lights, etc. and also cuts out the charging while hooked up to shore power. Most RV's have smoke alarms, CO sensors, and propane sensors that are hard wired into the house batteries and they will draw them down over time. (How do I know? Experience!) That's with shore power hooked up!
2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, GP, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with GSXR 1100T or KLR650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Old 02-21-2017, 08:45 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unplanned View Post
Nope the switch is on, when I pushed the switch I could hear the solenoid engage, I flipped it several times in a row and lo and behold I could then measure 13.6 volts coming into the battery from the converter, guess it just needed exercising
Okierambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 01:59 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Do you have a tester to check the specific gravity of your batteries? I have a 26 HE Winnebago. My case was different in that my system when plugged into shore power would not charge my batteries. I tested my batteries and they were OK. So I had to change the converter.
rottenkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:57 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okierambler View Post
Nope the switch is on, when I pushed the switch I could hear the solenoid engage, I flipped it several times in a row and lo and behold I could then measure 13.6 volts coming into the battery from the converter, guess it just needed exercising
Glad you found it and all's well. Happy Trails.

Tags
fuse, panel, relays