Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2006, 07:32 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

We have an 04 Journey 39K and need to remove the rear TV over the washer/dryer to do some cabling. We did open the cabinet (it swings out) and took out alot of screws but none of them gave us any access to the rear of the TV. The front fascia needs to come off somehow so we can scoot the TV out or at least forward so we can squeeze a hand in there to work.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 07:32 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

We have an 04 Journey 39K and need to remove the rear TV over the washer/dryer to do some cabling. We did open the cabinet (it swings out) and took out alot of screws but none of them gave us any access to the rear of the TV. The front fascia needs to come off somehow so we can scoot the TV out or at least forward so we can squeeze a hand in there to work.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-25-2006, 07:52 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Dont know about yours but my front TV needed to come out and it was simply a job of tapping the two side board covers with a small rubber hammer to break some glue lose that held them in place.
After that just pulled it out slowly so not to tear up the velcro that was holding it in place.
Reverse to re-install it and used some silicone to re-stick the side boards.
Hope that helps.

DFW, Texas
Dougmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 09:15 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

There is a gas strut which limits the travel of the TV. I took mine completely out and replaced it with an LCD but I forgot exactly what the mounting scenario was.

I might have removed the plastic bustle at the rear of the TV first to get to the gas strut or the other way around.

If you have the strut like mine, they are almost exactly the same as you have on your basement doors - look at the strut end to find the retaining clip which holds the strut to the post.

Once you disconnect one end of the strut, you can swing the TV completely out.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 04:15 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Didn't see a strut when we had it partially apart but will look again and see what we can find.

I'd love to know why it has to be so complicated to get into these TV cabinets.

Thanks ya'll
Old 03-26-2006, 01:51 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Took ours out last month to work on washer hose.
2 bolts hold TV in. Plus some glue tape. Hard to move. Im not sure we are going to install the same tv. Might get a lcd and use storage space. 2 blots and a metal strap holds it in.
Old 03-26-2006, 02:21 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UPS 34:
Took ours out last month to work on washer hose.
2 bolts hold TV in. Plus some glue tape. Hard to move. Im not sure we are going to install the same tv. Might get a lcd and use storage space. 2 blots and a metal strap holds it in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Drop that TV on the floor (like I did, it was an accident ) and get a new LCD to replace it.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 04:21 AM   #8
Administrator Emeritus

Like this Gary???

rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 09:04 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Pat and John, just where are these bolts? We took out a lot of screws but don't remember seeing any bolts that we could remove. (Yes I know the difference)

Bob, we would like to scrap the whole TV thing and put in the nice LCD cabinet and ajacent storage cabinet. I'll keep my eyes peeled for one in cherry. Just how big is that LCD?
Old 03-26-2006, 10:06 AM   #10
Administrator Emeritus

Savannah, that's the 20" LCD that Winnebago puts back there now in place of that behomoth swing out door with a tv on it...
Never liked that thing, but love the Sharp AQUOS that I have now...
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 01:27 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

The bolts come from the bottom up. One at each side of the TV. You use a screw driver to remove the bolts.