Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-11-2020, 03:30 PM   #1
Teach me something new!

Rear Control panel and tank levels?

Looking for some more help, as I go through my coach (2003 Journey 39 DL Freightliner Chassis w a 330hp) just making everything 100% correct I have found something that is puzzling me. On my rear control panel for the tank levels/gen start/voltage/thermostat and so on. Everything works perfect except for the tank levels and if I check coach battery voltage, chassis battery voltage on the same switch and works fine. Luckily for me a friend has a RV repair business, he had a whole 2002 Winnebago parts coach there and I took the whole panel and tried swapping some parts but still nothing. I changed the voltage check switch, and the tank level process board that is a Ventline P/N L5113-03. It makes me believe that there is no power coming to the panel from the Coach battery side. My Pace Arrow has 2 primary disconnect switches above the man door, one for coach batteries and one for chassis batteries. The only switch on this coach is on the dash and I assume it is for the coach batteries, it’s labeled AUX Battery. Any help is appreciated and I feel like I’m missing something dumb, with the power disconnected the coach still inverts power and the Xantrex panel operates properly ??? Thanks in advance!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4F98AAF2-2304-47F5-8D9C-F74C82594AA2.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	333.1 KB
ID:	173462   Click image for larger version

Name:	9C4F4AC8-2B19-46A8-ADE1-3E54DC241905.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	346.3 KB
ID:	173463  

Click image for larger version

Name:	EDB199CA-46F9-4C8C-9BE3-ADE7C72842D0.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	424.5 KB
ID:	173464   Click image for larger version

Name:	5E805B00-E1DE-4962-B7DA-434F7DB9F409.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	246.4 KB
ID:	173465  

Sherlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 03:21 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I could be wrong on this, but the switch on the dash marked "Aux Battery" is used incase your batteries for the motor are dead or week. This switches the house batteries to help start your coach. My 07 Meridian only has one battery disconnect switch and that is located in the outside rear in the engine compartment. That switch is for the house batteries, I have nothing for the batteries that start the engine.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will come on and help out.
be happy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 04:44 AM   #3
Just Trying to Help

Sherlock-

First off, welcome to winnieowners!

Second, you should add a signature to your user profile. It usually includes the year, make and model of your coach, but can include other information. A signature is appended to each post. To create/edit a signature, click on the "User CP" link in the orange bar at the top, then click on "Edit Signature."

Follow this path to see how the 12V feeds get to the monitor panel:

Winnebago Manuals and Diagrams
Wiring Diagrams - Motorized
2003 Wiring Diagrams
39QD or 39WD (as appropriate)
Typical (39QD): Holding Tank Monitor Panel
Typical (39QD): Body, 12 Volt Wiring Diagram (sheet 2, zone A-34)
House batteries to monitor panel:
Circuit JA from house circuit breaker panel below refrigerator (sheet 2, zone A-4)
Marked "Monitor/TV"
Chassis batteries to monitor panel:
Circuit ER from chassis wiring connector (sheet 2, zone D-13)
Typical (39QD): Automotive Wiring Diagram (sheet 1, zone B-32)
Circuit ER from chassis circuit breaker panel (sheet 1, zone B-23)

Guide to circuit abbreviations (a.k.a., Secret Decoder Ring): Wiring Identification Guide

Operator manual for 2003 Journey DL (pages 2-16 and 2-21) says the house battery disconnect switch is located on the dash, and is labeled "AUX BATT." This switch must be on to power the house circuit breaker panel. Of course, the solenoid that the AUX BATT switch controls must also work correctly, to pass house battery 12V to the panel.

The switch that is used for connecting the house and chassis batteries is also on the dash, but is labeled "AUX START."

Various diagrams show the house and chassis battery connections, including the AUX BATT and AUX START solenoids. I leave finding and tracing those circuits (on the diagrams) to you. The solenoids themselves are in the chassis electrical box (ref. page 9-8 of the operator manual).
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
panel, tank