Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2013, 08:08 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Rear antenna missing.!

Hello to all. We have a 2012 Winnebago Adventure 37F.I was cleaning and checking things up on the roof yesterday, and discovered that one of the two side by side antennas is missing, only the small round base with threaded half inch shaft is left doesn't look like it snap off and do not recall hitting any tree branch's.Is this an easy fix,and does the new antenna just screw on or do I remove the caulk and sealant and the base and replace the whole assembly.I believe its for the bedroom or exterior radio. thanks for your input Steve.
steve4539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:44 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

You should be able to just screw the replacement antenna in. You will know when you get the replacement antenna, you will probably have to get the complete antenna.
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:38 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Make sure that you know which system the antenna goes to, like Radio, CB, Satellite, etc. The part that screws in will be wire-wound differently for the specific frequency band. Call the Winnebago help line and they will pull up your build based on your Coache's serial number, not the VIN. (although they may be able to use the VIN, I just always have my serial number.)
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:42 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thanks John Hilley and Wayne M. No cb or satellite, so I think its just for the radio I'm going to try later this week to see which one gets the bad reception if any.I remember a while back looking at the wiring diagram, and it showed three antennas one for the radio up front, two midway back bedroom and exterior radio,wasn't sure how they were installed.Thanks again for your reply. Very helpful and knowledgeable people on this forum. Steve.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:00 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

CB antenna will work for Am/FM just not as well as the proper antenna (Actually it's fairly close) and I seriously doubt that threaded shaft is 1/2 inch.. That is a very odd size for an antenna.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:13 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

More likely 1/4 or 5/16"
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:32 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve4539 View Post
Thanks John Hilley and Wayne M. No cb or satellite, so I think its just for the radio I'm going to try later this week to see which one gets the bad reception if any.I remember a while back looking at the wiring diagram, and it showed three antennas one for the radio up front, two midway back bedroom and exterior radio,wasn't sure how they were installed.Thanks again for your reply. Very helpful and knowledgeable people on this forum. Steve.
Steve,
I have two of the rubber antennas setting on a box that I took off about 4 yrs ago. They were always getting caught in the cable line where I park the rig. I installed my own radio in the bedroom and don't use these.

Send me a PM with your address & I mail you one.

Bill
Old 07-29-2013, 02:23 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

If you have 1/2" shaft left, you're lucky, snapped mine off flush with the roof but managed to salvage it without having to remove the base which is a real pain....
Standard shafts are 1/4-20 thread and you can get the antennas just about anywhere for a whole lot less than a WB dealer.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:38 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Thanks to everyone for your response.I did a private message to Mr. Duner who has a extra antenna that he doesn't use very kind of him to send it to me.the shaft looks like it is 1/4 inch in diameter and 1/2 inch long sorry my mistake.Thanks again for the help.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:51 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

I got one from Wal*Mart for less than $5. Came with several adapters. I needed one for AM-FM so a universal one works just fine.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna