Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-18-2020, 03:19 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

RCA to HDMI converter

Good afternoon, 2015 Journey 36M (I know there is a way for me to get that in my signature block, I will figure it out.) So, I just purchased this great coach and have been out and about several times now. Here is my question, I am looking for the RCA to HDMI converter that comes up from the XITE infotainment center. I know where it is "supposed" to be, but it is not. Previous owner had apparently done some work; Anyway, I have two stray wires (yellow and white) that were cut and are laying loose in the cabinet, I suspect that is the RCA side. Can someone that has this intact tell me if there are just two wires coming from the infotainment center and are they just video and ground? Thanks for any help...

Richard
CW5_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 03:27 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome.

RCA to HDMI converter???? I've a different model and year (2017 Adventurer) but I think we have the same Xite system. I've had the Core Unit out a number of times. I don't recall seeing anything like an RCA cable to HDMI cable "converter."

Going solely by memory there were Yellow video and White audio cables back there. And a camera cable connection box. Perhaps that's what you are speaking about.

Can you provide more info about this "converter."

PS. To make a Signature:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EditSignature.png
Views:	90
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	176362  
Old 12-18-2020, 03:38 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

I think thats the one

Thank you for the reply, here is a snippet from the wiring diagram but I think we are both talking the same wires. It does bring the AuX out (camera) from the Xite system up to the matrix.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 4.34.45 PM.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	176363  
Old 12-18-2020, 03:46 PM   #4
Site Team

OK, yes, that's what I'm talking about. It's an OUTPUT box. I have attached a RCA Video cable (Yellow) to it and run it to an AUX video screen I purchased on Amazon. I have it mounted on my dash - see the photo below.

The RVs standard Video controller was populated with cables for Rear/Left/Right camera. I wanted a full-time backup view and was able to connect to this box and then select the Rear view permanently in the Xite system's Aux Output setup.

I've also included below a Diagram of Core Unit connections that is affixed to the top of my Xite Core Unit.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Monitors:Dash.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	300.3 KB
ID:	176364   Click image for larger version

Name:	RiverparkXSG3.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	321.4 KB
ID:	176365  

Old 12-18-2020, 04:01 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Not Quite

That helps, (the diagram) but the cable I am talking about is up in the 4x4 matrix area, that is where the composite to HDM box is. I also believe your Xite unit is a new and different model from my 10 inch version. Any one else with a closer match wanna chime in?
Old 12-18-2020, 04:07 PM   #6
Site Team

Yeah, I have no cable like that near the 4x4 Matrix. There is some kind of speaker level to line level box back there but I'm unclear how that works or relates to anything.

Tags
converter