Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 06:49 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

PT50C - Any ideas

A problem was my electrical hook up. I am (was) using a PT50C protector. I hooked it to the pedestal and went inside the coach. My wife complained that the electrical plugs were not working. Back outside, check the PT50C
and it inidacted all was normal on the readout. Started checking circuit breakers inside the coach, etc., I was getting wet from the internal body temperature sensor. After a long time, my wife said, "Did you see if it worked without that gadget?" And my reply was, "No, there is nothing wrong with that gadget. Everything reads normal, but just to satisfy you I will!" Of course, I was testy by this time, so I'm told. I removed the PT50C and plugged the umbilical directly into the 50 amp power. Poof! Magic! (not poof like in smoke) The 120v receptacles all worked. I said to my wife, "I hate to say this, I really do, but (choke) you were right." I think I saw a subtle smile. It wasn't so subtle when she reminded me as I was talking to Progressive Industries technician.

Anyhow, troubleshooting with the technician from Progressive Industries, via phone, was non-productive. .Everything appears normal, but with the PT50C plugged in, there is no voltage to the 120v appliance recepticals. Progressive Industries is baffled, as well as I am. Of course it doesn't take much to baffle me. They are sending me another PT50C with an RMA for the old one. I am supposed to have it by Friday

We'll see!

The PT50C was reading E-0, Line 1 - 119v 0A, Line 2 120v 22A (AC running)

Help??????
Old 05-01-2009, 08:09 AM   #2
I helped | retired moderator

Duplicate post.

Other post here.

Closed Thread