Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2019, 12:51 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

PSW Inverter in a 33c?

posted this in the wrong forum, never got an answer.
Has anyone put a PSW inverter in a 33c and wired it to the refrigerator for a residential refrigerator? We put a French Door refrigerator in our 2016 33c a year ago, i am thinking of wiring in a PSW inverter and running the refrigerator off it while we on on the road, but it's not a simple plug and play operation because the wiring for 110 doesn't go through the inverter for that circuit. On the diagrams i see a "throw in wire #5" that runs the refrigerator but I am not sure how it can be routed to the inverter. Anyone do it? I am not looking to get a massive battery bank for boondocking, just want to keep the refrigerator running while on the road running off the alternator using the existing 2 battery bank.

Could it possibly be as simple as locating the power feed to the circuit in the electrical panel and relocating the power source from the inverter in there to that circuit?
KTM251ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 03:47 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM251ss View Post
Could it possibly be as simple as locating the power feed to the circuit in the electrical panel and relocating the power source from the inverter in there to that circuit?
Bingo!
Yes, I think it is that simple.

We have a 37F that came with residential fridge OEM. With that they automatically add two more 12v AGMs, a 2000w PSW Magnum inverter and 100w solar panel.

I could be wrong, but all AC power runs through the inverter and it has a built in transfer switch. When on gen or shore power AC power passes through the inverter but even if you leave the inverter on the inverter’s transfer switch idles the inverter. Some loads are connected to the main AC breakers and others to the inverter’s. When not on gen or shore power the inverter powers only the loads connected to it.

Again, that may be just my lack of understanding of how thins work, but that is how I think it works.
Old 10-12-2019, 06:46 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I should add...

Our 33c has a 1000 MSW Inverter std equipment, so I would just need to swap that out for a 1000W PSW (plug and play) same brand and style, which i have found. (Yes it will deliver enough power for the refrigerator)
KTM251ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 06:20 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I have an early 19 33C but i'm pretty sure they are identical as far as the electric layout goes. If you pull the back panel on the lower far left TV cabinet (4 screws), you will find a receptacle that the that the cat5 to hdmi converter is plugged into(inverter powered). You can either tap into this box or just plug in a 14 gauge ext cord and route it to the rear of the refer through the cabinet. I used this receptacle to install an inverter outlet in the kitchen.

Sam
uthurricaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 08:31 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

"Could it possibly be as simple as locating the power feed to the circuit in the electrical panel and relocating the power source from the inverter in there to that circuit?"

You can't just relocate the inverter power because the breaker feeds the inverter. What you can do is remove the refer power circuit from the energy management board that is in the power panel and relocate it to the receptacle behind the power panel that powers the outside tv. You will have to relocate the ground and neutral from the refer circuit to the tv circuit also. Note if you do this the refer breaker must still provide power to the energy management board as this gives it the 50 amp indication. Unless you have some pretty good electrical knowledge my first post is probably going to be the way to go.

Sam
uthurricaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 11:31 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I have an 07 Outlook 32 that I changed out the Dometic to a residential fridge and added a 1400W PSW Inverter. Now in the old vent behind the refrigerator, I have 2 AC plugs, 1 to power the refrigerator from shore power and the other to power it from the inverter. I also have 300W of solar on the roof that will run the fridge 24/7, so I just leaved it plugged into the inverter, BUT.... if I ever need to, I can move it back to shore power.
jimkamery is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter