Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2019, 09:45 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Proper voltage at breakers but no voltage at refrigerator outlet. No power for ac

Suspect power management center failure. 50 amp service at pedestal with 120 volts on each leg. 120 volts from each breaker and both main and sub panels read ok at 120 volts.
Refrigerator breaker says 120 volts but zero volts at plugin. All other outlets test ok at 120 volts. Ive run a power cable from the outside outlet in the motorhome tovprovide elect to refrigerator.

Air conditioner does not come on. Again 120 volts at breaker. Have not crawled under coach to test actual voltage at unit.

suspect problem in power management system. any suggestions?0
KenC-TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 10:48 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I like to burn up time while stuck here at the computer and one of those ways to burn time is looking at drawings as it tends to help me practice. Got more details on the unit like specific size? I can give better ideas if I can look over what is likely to be involved.

WHOOPS! I just tried one of the options and it does not bring up any info at the moment. Whether that is due to a glitch on the Winnebago site or due to the new update on Microsoft, I'm not getting the right response at the moment.

Update? Seems the new system is not liking the Winnebago drawings and telling me they are now unsafe. That's okay as I've got past that, so back to asking what unit?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 11:32 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Not Power Mgmt Afterall

Problem traced to fried ats. Input from pedestal leads shorted.
KenC-TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 11:49 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

That will do it! Sounds like the hard part of finding the cause is over.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 05:25 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenC-TX View Post
Problem traced to fried ats. Input from pedestal leads shorted.

Common problem. Frequently the lugs are not correctly tightened at the factory. Another failure cause is lack of maintenance. It is not common knowledge among RVers that the ATS and service panel connections should be re-tightened after the first several trips and checked about once a year there after. You should have no problem getting a ATS. Amazon has on for ~$130. They have gone up in price since I last replaced one.

Tags
power, refrigerator