Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-12-2021, 07:06 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

power to the Maxxair fan?

Considering the installation of a maxxair fan in the vent over the dinette area in micro minnie 1708 and I know there was an older thread, and I know It's common to "tap" the light power wire ahead of the proposed fan install area, butt.....checking the wire gauge to these LED lights and am unsure if they will be usable. The LED lights run powered from a 12 v battery system usually have a particular ohm resistor in line. Question is: would these tiny wires be able to power the fan? Where else on this model would you find "juice"? Thanks in advance for the input.
Tbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 08:57 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Have you removed the plastic inner vent trim and verified that it's not prewired for a fan? The front vent in my Sunstar was.
SLOweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 03:32 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOweather View Post
Have you removed the plastic inner vent trim and verified that it's not prewired for a fan? The front vent in my Sunstar was.
Thanks, SLOweather. I have been looking high and low, finally found some wires of appropriate gauge and slack enough to use (just not positive what else is powered by them). I'll find out soon enough..lol
Tbone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan, power