Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2023, 08:25 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Power center location (fuse & circuit breaker box)

Hello all,

I have a 1999 thirty-one foot Winnebago Minnie (WF 331c).

May I please ask, where the “Power Center” is?

That’s the 110 volt A/C circuit breakers (left half) and 12 volt fuse box (right half) that is supposed to be below the refrigerator in the rear living area.

I have searched all over, read large portions of the “operator manual” and of course searched on the web…. But I must be missing something (my brain probably) LOL?

This is my first motorhome so it is all new to me.

Anyway, I would be happy to buy someone lunch for assistance with this and thanks in advance (smile).
Tekman2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 03:44 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

This link may help.
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ram/Wiring.htm
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 08:01 AM   #3
Site Team

The Power Center is commonly directly under the fridge on older RVs with absorption fridges. They usually have a plastic or metal door that is push to release for access to AC breakers and DC fuses. The converter charger is generally behind the breaker/fuse panel.

This is not 100% but in a 24-yr old RV is a very likely location.
Old 03-26-2023, 09:15 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Morning! Sounds like some newish folks who are out there in the weeds wandering around? We all had to start somewhere, so no big problem, just have to start somewhere!!
So maybe we can clear a few things to get it less confusing as it CAN be a bummer! One reason it gets confusing is that there are lots of times when we have several names for the same thing when we look for info. Winnebago must have a really loose group of people who write things down as they have lots of different names for the same thing!

One of those things is the load center you are looking for and also they tend to confuse us further when they come up with names like Minnie and Winnie Minnie!
So to get into looking at the info, we can run into a minefield of confuasion.
So small point to know when looking for info is that you actually have a 99 Minnie but there is also a Minnie Winnie! Throw in some confusion?

So this might be a place to look for info on Minnie?

Click image for larger version

Name:	99minnie.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	185473

No big deal and we see it all the time, but be alert that it can trip you up! Another point to watch is if you need parts for the RV part, it can be a year later than if you want some part for the chassis like brake shoes!
There should be a label near the driver that helps sort things like what year the chassis might be, but confusion is often thrown in!

So we want info on a 99 Minnie! Do you have an owners manual? If not it can be found here:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...9/99Minnie.pdf

It talks about the load center around page 6-2!

But to confuse us, the load center is not called a load center when we look at the drawings! It is called a control center!

Click this snip to get a better view.

Click image for larger version

Name:	load.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	185474

Maybe the only big brown (?) box down near the floor that hums to you!

More info to help or help confuse us?
Parts?
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

Plumbing?
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...m/Plumbing.htm

Wiring?
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ram/Wiring.htm

But then that can make our head hurt if we try to learn it all at once, so come back and ask when confusion grabs you !
Most of us have been there or will be soon!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 10:22 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Hello all,

Thanks to everyone that has taken the time to answer and help me locate the circuit breaker and fuse box.

I will travel to where I have My Minnie Winnie stored as soon as possible (hopefully tomorrow) and using the information you guys provided finally find the “power center”. (Smile)
Old 03-28-2023, 04:57 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Hey everyone,
Thank you sooooo much for taking the time to help me locate the circuit breaker/fuse box for the house part of my Winnebago Minnie.
It WAS exactly where the manual and “creativepart” said it would be. Under the refrigerator down by the floor.
I have never seen a cover for the circuit breakers and or fuses with vent fins on it…. I kept thinking that cover had something to do with the water heater or furnace; I should have opened it up and taken a look inside.
Anyway, I was able to replace the one blown 15 amp fuse that kept all the 12 volt lights from working inside at the very rear (where the bed is); fortunately it was just a fuse.
Old 03-28-2023, 05:11 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekman2000 View Post
I have never seen a cover for the circuit breakers and or fuses with vent fins on it….
Because the Converter/Charger is behind the breakers/fuses the vents are needed to keep things from overheating. When your battery(ies) are low and the charger needs to apply a large amount of current into them things behind the breakers/fuses get HOT.

Many converter/chargers have fans on them (like computer fans) and when doing heavy duty charging you may hear the fan spin up down there and say, "What the...".
Old 03-31-2023, 04:15 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Follow up…

Hey all,

I just wanted to say that in addition to actually having a need to be pointed in the right direction with finding the power center I also posted the very same original question in TWO other RV community forums in part because I am brand new to the world of RV’s and I know I am going to have lots of questions so I wanted to find the very best place to get the most accurate answers.

Out of the three forums Winnieowners gave me the best replies by far. Everyone in Winnie Owners was right on and gave the best answers.

Whereas, several answers in the other two forums were way off, completely wrong and misleading.

I pride myself on almost never needing to ask for guidance; I only do so as a last resort. I always use manuals and search extensively on my own first before interrupting people.

But it is so good to have a wonderful high quality resource like Winnie Owners. (Smile)
Old 03-31-2023, 05:15 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Heh! Thanks for the follow up and it is nice to hear when the info is right.

But then on the other hand?
Don't bet too much on it always working! We can get as confused as anybody at times!

I try to keep in mind the old idea? The only ones making mistakes are the ones who are trying to do something!
It's real easy to not make mistakes. Just never do anything!

Carry on and enjoy the confusion. ..
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, fuse, power