Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2017, 08:07 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Pioneer Radio in my 2015 Sunova 33c

Lately my Pioneer Radio (Model AVH-X3600BHS) has been resetting it self every time I turn off the coach. Not only when I disconnect the battery at the door switch but when I turn the key off to get gas but leave the battery switch on. When it resets I have go into the settings and reset the camera polarity so the rear camera works. Looking at the manual in the troubleshooting section it doesn't address the issue. My first thought there might be a battery in the radio to keep the memory and it has died and needs replacing. So far the manual hasn't been a help. Anybody else having the same problem - any thoughts or ideas. . .
Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Robmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 02:47 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

There are 2 power wires to that unit. Red is hooked to ignition, on/off with the key and a yellow which is supposed to be at a constant 12 volts all the time. I would guess you lost power to the yellow wire. Sorry I cant tell you exactly where it is feed from but you may want to double check all the fuses under the left side of the dash.
Old 10-13-2017, 02:55 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

A temporary fix might be to operate your dash switch to power the unit from the coach batteries. You should be able to turn off and remove the key and the radio continues to be running, so it should not lose settings.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 05:24 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the replies. I am gonna have to go back and re-analyze the situation. Thinking about it further I may have misstated the situation. I pull in to get gas turn the key off and when I go back to turn it on the Sirius Radio which was on channel 6 is now on the overview channel - I think channel one. I then assume the radio has lost power and I press in the pin button and reset the radio. When it is reset I have to then change the video polarity so the rear camera will display. It just might be that it is not holding the channel the radio is on when it is turned off. Previously when you turned the radio off, and even turned the chassis power off when you turned the radio on it was on the channel it was before it was turned off. The coach is in storage so will have to go over in a few days and try it again - this time making note step by step. Thanks again . . .
Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Robmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 06:46 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

anybody know wiring code colors for front speakers
ghawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio