Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-05-2006, 05:59 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

I wanted to post a few pic's of the recent install of the SeeLevel II tank monitoring system. The first pic is the interior display using the Wiremold box sourced from Home Depot. I did have to paint the box black to match the "One Place" panel. Pretty simple stuff.

This photo is the outside water/sewer bay. The Wiremold box fit nicely on the accessory panel. I didn't have to paint the box here, the white color worked out nicely.

This pic is a closer shot displaying the readout for the fresh water tank. The brightness of the display is adjustable for use in outside light. The mounting box is also the perfect depth for the readout. All I needed to do for this install was to drill the four mounting screws for the LED display to the mounting box.

I mounted my fresh water tank sensor as low as I could on the tank. My reason is I want to know as close as possible as to how much water is in the tank, in case I am dry camping and am pushing the envelope on water.

To check the install, I turned on the fresh tank display and pulled the drain handle to empty the tank. I watched the display and monitored the drain at the same time. When the display read 0% the tank flowed about 2 to 3 gallons before running dry. Good info to know if I am pushing the limits, and a lot of the reason why I installed this system in the first place.

Sarge

Our Travel Blog www.mytripjournal.com/rvnchickalaska
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 05:59 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I wanted to post a few pic's of the recent install of the SeeLevel II tank monitoring system. The first pic is the interior display using the Wiremold box sourced from Home Depot. I did have to paint the box black to match the "One Place" panel. Pretty simple stuff.

This photo is the outside water/sewer bay. The Wiremold box fit nicely on the accessory panel. I didn't have to paint the box here, the white color worked out nicely.

This pic is a closer shot displaying the readout for the fresh water tank. The brightness of the display is adjustable for use in outside light. The mounting box is also the perfect depth for the readout. All I needed to do for this install was to drill the four mounting screws for the LED display to the mounting box.

I mounted my fresh water tank sensor as low as I could on the tank. My reason is I want to know as close as possible as to how much water is in the tank, in case I am dry camping and am pushing the envelope on water.

To check the install, I turned on the fresh tank display and pulled the drain handle to empty the tank. I watched the display and monitored the drain at the same time. When the display read 0% the tank flowed about 2 to 3 gallons before running dry. Good info to know if I am pushing the limits, and a lot of the reason why I installed this system in the first place.

Sarge

Old 12-05-2006, 12:01 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Sarge,
I am thinking installing the same system upgrade on my coach. I have several questions about the job you just finished if you don't mind.
1. How diffecult was it getting to and adding the sensors on each of the tanks?
2. I assume that you had to run extra wires for the outside monitor and if you did how hard was it?
3. Did you have to run the new wires up to the inside monitor?
Thanks in advance for the help.

2004 Brave 32V
scubadilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:21 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Sarge: Good job and thanks for the pictures. The extra outside monitor is also a good idea. About time for me to order the SeeLevel from an irv2 sponsor, I' been putting it off long enough.
Gary CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 03:16 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Thanks for posting the description and the pictures.

Jim

Our Webpage
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:55 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Nice job Sarge.

The SeeLevel ranks up there as number 1 on the rig upgrades. We really like ours too.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:38 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Thanks everyone!! The previous pics and posts here on IRV2 really made the job simpler. I had much more confidence jumping into the job with all the help from members of this site.

scubadilo:

I could repeat a bunch of stuff here, but some other posters did such a good job, I'd rather refer you to the other posts. Just do a search on SeeLevel II, and you will hit some very good info, complete with install pics. I also noted that we live in the same town. If you need some help, send me a PM and I'll give you my cell#. You can come by and check out my install if you are in the neighborhood.

Gary CA:

I highly recommend the system. BTW, I picked up an extra Wiremold box for you at HD. I can come by your office and drop it off sometime..

Joe, It was your awesome post that inspired me!! Thanks for the great information!!

Sarge

PS: Warpath, thanks for straightening out my pics, Im not sure how the heck I did that...