Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-31-2021, 11:12 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Overloaded my house AC ,and tripped it.. where is it ?

Hi all

I was connected to shore 120v power cord to my 2009 WInnebago Navion....

My wife did not know, and turned on the AC while i was inside the house....and this overloaded circuit due to it being hot and AC overloaded circuit.

Can someone tell me where the fuse and breaker switches are ?

In the manual, it says its nest to power converter........but where inside the coach is it ?

Should I check the fuses under the passenger seat ?
Seems like small round fuses under passenger seat.

my Rig is a 2009 Winnebago Navion, on a 2008 Sprinter chasis.

Please help.
highender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 07:44 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Somewhere on your coach, usually down low is a converter power center. It is about 10" wide by 8" tall and typically has a black plastic cover that when you push down at the top it is released and will fold down. Inside are the DC fuses and the AC breakers.

You either tripped the AC breaker for the A/C which is probably 20A or you tripped the main breaker which is the one on the top which is 30A. Reset and you should be back in business.

Here is a typical converter power center, but yours might look a little different: https://www.campingworld.com/wfco-po...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

David
DavidM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 10:26 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks david. I just got up... going to look for it. I recall seeing something like it...wwith blade fuses and switches....but forgot where.
Old 06-02-2021, 03:31 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

You more likely tripped the breaker on your house, not the RV. The A/C won't trip your RV breaker, even when it is hot out (that's why it's there, after all). Are you plugged into your home with a 30A to 15A adapter?
Old 06-02-2021, 03:59 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

yes i am

Yep... I tripped the home garage extension cord breaker. Just reset it. and now all fine.

I also found the breakers next to power converter.

On 2009 Winnebago Navions, they are located beneath the fridge.
Old 06-02-2021, 04:20 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks all..........all is working now
Old 06-06-2021, 05:19 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

FYI, If you have an Easy-Start installed on your AC you reduce the AC inrush current (instantaneous amp draw) by about 70%. You can then run the entire Navion including the AC on a 120V, 20amp. circuit from a typical garage. Buy a GOOD 30 amp to 20 amp extension cord adapter and you’re good to go!!
RickoJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 08:54 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I just installed a 30 amp breaker in my daughter's house so that we wouldn't be tripping the house breaker all the time. There are some good youtube videos out there. It wasn't that expensive. The 10 gage wire cost the most.

Henry K
2019 minnie winnie 22m
wkfish is offline   Reply With Quote