Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-27-2021, 08:53 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Onan generator won’t crank and no ac power

A friend accidentally plugged my motorhome into a 220v socket. We have replaced the converter and the dc seems to be working. We have plugged the motorhome in but like I stated no power. Where do we start. As I stated yhe converter has been changed out. We have a 2007 Itasca Cambria 29h
Ramfern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 09:54 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Okay, sounds like a breaker might be tripped or a problem but then you have a battery problem of some sort as well, which may be due to not being charged! The generator starts off battery power so a second thing to look at, so I suggest starting with the less complex 110AC power first.

This is the 110AC power drawing to take a look at how it flows from the plug to other things inside:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ire_158199.pdf

At the left is the cord and when plugged it feeds directly to the main 30 amp breaker at left in the power center, which then feeds power to the rest of the breaker for the different legs of power.
The first 15 amp one is the easy one to check as it feeds first to the frig outlet where there is a GFCI breaker that is likely to be tripped and that shuts off all power from there out on that line of outlets. So find if those outlets are dead, find the frig outlet and try resetting it.
Possible all that line then works???

Always a good trick to try the breakers by flipping then off and then fully on again to assure they are actually reset, not just looking reset! Try both 30 main and 15 amp.

Then once that line is working I would work my way left to right, testing to find what works or not and working on each problem as a single question to get the 110 AC working first and then check 12DC as the converter has to have the 110AC to work!

Start simple and the rest may begin to work but come back and we can do a second look if you get stumped?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 10:25 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

A small point on reading the drawings if it is not something you have done?
When you follow the line down and find that funny looking "squiggle", that means you choose which connection follow, depending on what options you have. like inverter or not, so just kind of ignore what is not what you have?

One to note is where you might get to option 53B or 53F? It looks like if you have an option to use 110AC power to heat water, it should have a power management system that turns it or the microwave on but not both at the same time, so something to be aware of if it seems like one fails when you turn the other on! Both use a lot of power so to avoid tripping the breaker, they turn one off----whether you meant to or not!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator, onan, power