Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2010, 04:40 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Old Round Headlight replacements

I have a 2002 Winnebago Adventuer with the old round headlights. Has anyone found a replacement for these in which one can use the new brighter bulbs???

Reinhard
pilot81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 05:34 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I also have the round sealed beam lights. When I asked this same question some years ago, I did get some advice to check into a brighter Sylvania sealed beam lights. I found them at a local Advance Auto Parts store. I believe they were Silverstar halogen, H6024 ST?? They helped a bit.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 08:05 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

JC Whitney offers several sealbeam replacements that use a replaceable halogen bulb. Pilot and Hella are two manufacturers. Search JCWhitney 'sealbeam replacements' for a complete list.
bigskymt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:30 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Hi Ho: I second the Sylvania halogen because they are direct plug-in replacments--no change in wiring etc. However, the most improvement came from aiming the headlights properly. I don't know why, but most of the WI coaches that used the round headlights had them pointed at the ground. You can aim them yourself using some string and a tapemeasure and pointing the coach at a fence or light colored building.

Dirk
dirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 03:22 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Round, oblong, whatever ...pretty much all motothome headlights need to be properly aimed after purchase. Mine came from the factory aimed very high and to the right...
Old 05-09-2010, 08:29 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the help. I've done lots of adjusting and reaiming. That helped, but there is no comparison in the brightness compared with my 2007 Chrysler 300. I'll checkout JC Whintney.

Thanks
Reinhard
pilot81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 12:34 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Buy the best and cry only once: Hella

I used these lights on anything I could (Inclluding my 85' Pace) until forced intp the factory molded units. The lenses are laser focused and polished as opposed to the junk store bought "OEM" that are full of bubbles and aberrations. The reflectors are highly polished, and again so far above the OEM junk it's not funny.

They are ridiculously bright (for the same wattage), BUT when properly aimed are far less bothersome than the OEM lights because there just isn't any scatter above the cut-off line due to their excellent construction. All light is concentrated on the ground and off to the right side.

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:12 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

If you have an 02 Adventurer you should have rectangular headlights. The only model in 2002 that came with round headlights was the Journey. The rectangular lights are available at almost any auto parts store.

We replaced the ones in our 01 Adventurer with the Sylvania halogens several years ago