Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-14-2015, 10:46 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

OCCC of WINNEBAGO Class A's

Are there any 2008 - 2014 WINNEBAGO Class 'A' gassers (31' to 35') with an OCCC at or above 4000#?

Just in case someone asks, it is actually possible in another brand. Even after loading every tank to the max, it still leaves 5000# plus. Note, I plan on boondocking, so I will have not only the 60 gal fresh water tanks filled, but 35 gals of water in WaterBricks.

This is the only gas A that I have found so far, but would like to extend my choices.

I am *NOT* interested in discussing trailers or diesel pushers or class C. Just looking for as gasser as noted above.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014 31TS Terra.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	86035  
ljjohnson99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 11:03 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljjohnson99 View Post
Are there any 2008 - 2014 WINNEBAGO Class 'A' gassers (31' to 35') with an OCCC at or above 4000#?

Just in case someone asks, it is actually possible in another brand. Even after loading every tank to the max, it still leaves 5000# plus. Note, I plan on boondocking, so I will have not only the 60 gal fresh water tanks filled, but 35 gals of water in WaterBricks.

This is the only gas A that I have found so far, but would like to extend my choices.

I am *NOT* interested in discussing trailers or diesel pushers or class C. Just looking for as gasser as noted above.
Here's 4,174 lbs for our 2010 Sunova/Sightseer 33C on a 22K/26K Ford F53 gas chassis.

I notice that the 2014 Sunova 30A has a GVWR of 22K and 26K GCWR, so I'm sure that the occupant plus cargo allowable will be higher than the 4,174 lbs. With the 30A being a shorter, lighter coach than the 33C, I would expect a higher OCCC. That might be a possible candidate for you, as well as earlier models.

Winnebago Product Information | Motorhome & RV Information
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_6286.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	275.5 KB
ID:	86037  
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 04:11 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:

Our 2015 WGO Adventurer 32H is at 4042 lbs of OCCC....22k Chassis
MutinyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 11:09 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

The OCCC of our 2013 Winnebago Adventurer is 4097 lbs. The OCCC is dependent on the size of chassis the motorhome is built on and what options you order. Each amenity you add beyond the basics, like a washer and dryer, residential refrigerator, king size bed satellite dish, etc., etc. reduces the OCCC.
Old 02-15-2015, 03:12 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

This is the first time I've seen OCCC. What is the difference between it and CCC, which does include occupants BTW? A quick internet search says it stands for Oklahoma City Community College.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 03:53 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
This is the first time I've seen OCCC. What is the difference between it and CCC, which does include occupants BTW? A quick internet search says it stands for Oklahoma City Community College.
OCCC is a term that is defined as "GVWR minus UVW and full LP gas weight". Stands for Occupant and Cargo Carrying Capacity as specified in the 6/2008 NHTSA definition for motorized only.

CCC is Cargo Carrying Capacity as defined in the 6/2008 NHTSA for towable only. CCC equals "GVWR minus UVW plus full LP gas weight" for towables.

Weighing Glossary
Old 02-15-2015, 05:48 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Figure OCCC is all the stuff you can put in the MH (including people) and fresh water...very simple!
Old 02-15-2015, 06:59 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Here's a very good writeup by Gary RV Roamer on the new (in 2008) OCCC designation. He also includes an explanation of the differences between the new OCCC designation and the old RVIA CCC designation.

New RV weight labels - OCCC replaces CCC
Old 02-16-2015, 12:14 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:

I forgot to add the 2013 Adventurer has an 88 gallon fresh water tank capacity plus a 10 gallon water heater, for a total of 98 gallons. You can carry all the water you need without taking along "WaterBricks
Old 02-16-2015, 03:32 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by aauummm View Post
OCCC is a term that is defined as "GVWR minus UVW and full LP gas weight". Stands for Occupant and Cargo Carrying Capacity as specified in the 6/2008 NHTSA definition for motorized only.

CCC is Cargo Carrying Capacity as defined in the 6/2008 NHTSA for towable only. CCC equals "GVWR minus UVW plus full LP gas weight" for towables.

Weighing Glossary
I find no mention of OCCC in that article. It is in your link to rvforum.net. To me it sounds like the RV sales industry had a hand in drafting this; 154# per person is unrealistic. And, according the the last link, there is no longer a reference to CCC, as it was replaced my OCCC per that by Gary Roamer.
I'm glad I asked about it though.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Old 02-16-2015, 06:25 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
I find no mention of OCCC in that article. It is in your link to rvforum.net. To me it sounds like the RV sales industry had a hand in drafting this; 154# per person is unrealistic. And, according the the last link, there is no longer a reference to CCC, as it was replaced my OCCC per that by Gary Roamer.
I'm glad I asked about it though.
OCCC is much easier than CCC due to the variable weights of passengers....again OCCC is all of the "stuff" you can put in the MH (including people, pets, etc) plus fresh water and sewage....
Old 02-17-2015, 10:14 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutinyGuy View Post
OCCC is much easier than CCC due to the variable weights of passengers....again OCCC is all of the "stuff" you can put in the MH (including people, pets, etc) plus fresh water and sewage....
But the rvforum.net explanation says they use 154# per passenger to calculate OCCC. That is what the RV industry has used for decades for CCC calculations. I can't see any big change here.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:58 AM   #13
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
But the rvforum.net explanation says they use 154# per passenger to calculate OCCC. That is what the RV industry has used for decades for CCC calculations. I can't see any big change here.
Ray, I think that you missed the point that Gary RV Roamer was making in the last part of his post. New RV weight labels - OCCC replaces CCC

He says that for those people who want to compare the new OCCC value to the old CCC value (for curiosity sake only) he gives the formula for the old CCC value. The old CCC value was the one that used the 154 lbs per person, not the new OCCC value.

The new OCCC is simply calculated as: OCCC = GVWR - (UVW + Propane) as Gary states in the upper part of his post.

Here's the quote from Gary's post:

"OCCC is computed as follows: OCCC = GVWR - (UVW + Propane)
Simply add the weight of a full load of propane to the Unladen Vehicle Weight (UVW) and subtract that number from the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR)."

Hope this clarifies it!
Old 02-18-2015, 08:46 PM   #14
Winnebago Master

Yup, that clarifies it. They changed to OCCC because some don't know - people are considered cargo, and everything loaded must be added to actual UVW.
Ah, the results of the dumbing down of America hard at work.

Tags
class a, winnebago