Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2021, 03:35 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Noise on the roof

My circuit breaker labeled RECPS 2 is somehow causing a noise on top of the roof of my 2018 Minnie Winnie 31G. The noise sounds motorized and sounds cyclical. I don't know any other way to describe it.

It was after I hooked up to a 30 amp pole and the pole failed that I noticed the sound. A process of elimination determined that it was this 15 amp RECPS 2 that the sound was connected to. So I am keeping the breaker off for now. Everything works except select outlets and of course the noise is stopped too.

Anyone know what the heck is going on? Heat pump switch if there is such a thing?

My air conditioner is working fine and I am not willing to turn on the heat until we return home for fear the a/c craps out.

Your thoughts? I appreciate any feedback. Oh and "RECPS" does that mean receptacles?

Thanks a bunch, Charlene
Charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 04:09 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Check DVD player?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 04:44 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I don't know about the code, I don't see it in the wiring diagram, but you should be able figure it out what it controls using the wiring diagrams for your MH.

https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ram/Wiring.htm

Note that there are two diagrams for your make and model, based on serial number. They're different, so make sure you pick the right one. Once you have the right diagram, choose the "Body, 110V Wiring Installation/Diagram". As you page through it, look for the page that shows the "Load Center" (pg 4 or pg 7 depending on your SN). There will be a line drawing of your circuit breakers. This diagram will show you everything that's controlled by the breaker in question.

While you're at it, make a copy of this diagram and keep it onboard for future reference.

It's also a good idea to download all the electrical and plumbing diagrams pertinent to your MH and keep them on a laptop, tablet, phone, USB drive or micro sd card so you'll have access to them without the internet. Just make sure you have a way of accessing the download away from home. They're not too big, the diagram I looked at was 1.8 mb.

Here's the "master link": https://www.winnebago.com/owners/owner-resources
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 04:47 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you for the information! I was able to determine that the problem was with the Winegauard! Once I unplugged that with the breaker on, the noise stopped. Everything still works as normal. It was installed when I bought the RV used so I am not sure what it is for. It has something to do with the antenna, further investigation will provide the answer but thanks to you guys I got this far. You're the best and thank you both so much for the help. -Charlene
Charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 07:30 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Charlene,
If the wineguard is a satellite the whirling noise could be from it trying to acquire a satellite. I have a king dish and it does whirl while on the roof.
Angela
Old 07-07-2021, 09:23 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I have a Dish Tailgater and when I have it over the roof of the bedroom it will do that off and on during the night. I’m guessing it’s updating directory info and checking for satellites.
mitchoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
noise, roof