Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2021, 03:46 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

No power-gen or plugged in

We have an intent 31p. A couple of weeks ago during a brief warm up I started the generator and ran the ac for a while. Today I noticed the there's only power when using the inverter. No power when plugged in or using generator. Any thoughts?
Mike_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 04:51 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

The Gen has a switch on it that needs to to switched . Like a breaker. It'll run but won't produce electricity
Ussj4brolli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 05:58 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I'll look at the. That shouldn't affect shore power though
Old 04-22-2021, 09:49 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I have an Intent 31p and have seen the same issue a couple of times. Did you check to see if your breaker tripped below the refrigerator. Similar to GFCI plug in how you reset it. Also I had a miscommunication with my spouse and thought the house batteries were turned on, but they were not. Each was the culprit you described. The genie would not start if house batteries were off, so suspect the breaker trip. It has happened to us more than one time after running genie and forgetting to turn ac off before powering back up the next time.
Old 05-02-2021, 04:49 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I called winnebago. The service tech said it sounded like a bad connection in the junction box under where I plug into the generator. That was the problem. A simple fix, but I took it to our dealer since it's under warranty. It's fixed and back home getting ready for our next trip

Tags
power