Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2013, 05:59 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

No power from the inverter in 95 Winnebago Luxor

In our 1995 Winnebago Luxor, we have no power coming from the inverter. The overhead lights work, but none of the outlets, the microwave, or the AC compressor will work. Does anyone know of anything else to check other than replacing the inverter?

We just purchased this late last fall and have not yet made a trip in it. We did cycle the ac, furnace, and refrigerator within the last two days and they worked fine. However, we did not try out the outlets at those times. Today anything that runs on 110 will not work.

Thanks.
oldiron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:28 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Have you turned it on mght be off, check all the breakers what kind is it
Old 04-15-2013, 09:56 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

The guys tell me it is a Freedom Heart 20 interface. From what I understand, all breakers sound crisp.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:10 AM   #4
YC1
Winnebago Owner

Is your RV all electric??

If not the AC would normally not be run via an inverter. The refer may not be connected to the inverter either other than the ice maker if it has one. The overhead lights normally run on battery power. Start your generator or connect to shoreline to see if the items come alive. Once they do many things can be eliminated. As we find out how your rv is setup you will get some very specific responses so be patient. It may take a couple of hours to sort it out but this Forum is phenominal and you will have tons of information soon.
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:20 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
Is your RV all electric??

If not the AC would normally not be run via an inverter. The refer may not be connected to the inverter either other than the ice maker if it has one. The overhead lights normally run on battery power. Start your generator or connect to shoreline to see if the items come alive. Once they do many things can be eliminated. As we find out how your rv is setup you will get some very specific responses so be patient. It may take a couple of hours to sort it out but this Forum is phenominal and you will have tons of information soon.
I agree. My inverter only works on one outlet. Everything else that is 110v runs on shore power or generator only.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:30 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

My previous coach was a 1999 Adventurer.

It was equipped with an inverter ... but it only energized one 120 V plug, namely, the outlet for the TV and videoplayer. All the other outlets were energized only if the genset was running or we were plugged into shore power. It also had a converter, which charged the 12V batteries when we were plugged into shore power.

Back to your Luxor: all the things that you said worked: overhead lights, furnace, refrigerator (on LP) in coaches of that vintage (as well as my present coach) all are powered directly from your 12 V batteries. The batteries need either a converter or an inverter/charger to keep them charged when you are plugged into shore power .... they are also charged by the alternator on your engine while the engine is running.

The bottom line of this discussion is: Your inverter may only be designed to power a single 120 V outlet ... my guess that is the case
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:47 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

It has 12.3 volts and ground to it without the generator running. No a/c current out of it with both switches on. remote and main switch. With the generator running it has 13.5 volts to it with ground. 120 volts on the input side. No voltage on voltage out side. Both breakers are good.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:30 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

When you are plugged in to shore power do all the recepticals work?

When the generator is running do all the recepticals work?

Does your TV come on when you are not plugged in or the generator is not running?
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:54 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldiron50 View Post
It has 12.3 volts and ground to it without the generator running. No a/c current out of it with both switches on. remote and main switch. With the generator running it has 13.5 volts to it with ground. 120 volts on the input side. No voltage on voltage out side. Both breakers are good.
Do you have a remote panel? Is it on and if so, what is lit? My Endeavor has a Freedom 20d and it has 2 outputs ... both have pushbutton breakers on the front of the inverter. My inverter powers nearly all 120vac. If I remember correctly there are only 3 outlets that DO NOT have 120vac ... the reefer and 2 floor outlets in the bedroom. Everything else including the microwave has inverter power. My remote panel is above the entrance door and about 6 ft. from the inverter. My panel looks like the one on page 29 of this manual:
http://www.xantrex.com/documents/Dis...ner_manual.pdf
Old 04-15-2013, 07:19 PM   #10
YC1
Winnebago Owner

Turn your batteries off if possible to hopefully reset the inverter. Give the inverter an hard smack. Serious about that. If it comes alive it could be a simple loose screw holding a wire or arced contacts. See if you can get the model number off the inverter and look up the schematic and post it or at least a link to it so we can take a look.
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:17 AM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Try looking up the website for the inverter manufacturer. They usually have a troubleshooting list of things to try. If they don't work, look up who they recommend for warranty repairs. I know it's not on warranty anymore, but if you call one of the recommended repair shops, they can usually tell you how to check whether or not it is the inverter.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:24 PM   #12
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks to all for your responses. I will pass all of the suggestions and questions to the guys this weekend when they hopefully will be back to work on the RV.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:40 PM   #13
Winnebago Watcher

Our Luxor has 2kw inverter which operates all receptacles but I think it is an aftermarket installation. Wish I could help.
coalminer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter, power, winnebago