Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2015, 02:07 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Angry No HOT Water

Hi Guys
i just recently purchased a 2014 31ke remembering Winnebago from my childhood. i always wanted one. Took it out for the first time couple of days and absolutely no hot water in either faucet or shower. i tried to read here to understand the bypass valve but mine is not clearly marked. i dont know where the water heater access panel is nor can i determine which way the valves should be pointing. Can someone please help me????? i dont see any fuse problems but i may not be looking in right spot. Also when pulling pressure valve on water heater not much comes out. Although ignitors are electronic, where would i see if pilot light is lit. the red light on pilot light out goes out after hitting water heater just to see. no hot water has been on city water connection.
Palogma1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 05:13 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

are you sure the hot water tank is full of water and is actually heating? try opening the drain plug to check. be careful not to burn yourself if the water is hot. also, depending how far your faucet is from the tank it may take some time for the hot water to reach it.
Old 01-08-2015, 01:08 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

There is probably a WH bypass valve near the unit. If it is in bypass, you will be getting cold water at the faucets. Turn the WH bypass valve to the opposite direction. Then check for water flow at the hot faucets. If the WH was empty, it may take a while to fill and get water at the faucets. Turn on the WH when you have flow and wait for the water to heat up. Check for hot water at the faucets later.
ghutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 05:27 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Here is a link where you can download your owners manual. Check page 7-2.

http://www.winnebagoind.com/resource...13/13Vista.pdf
KD4XR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 08:50 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Palogma1, I assume you are getting water but it is not hot. If so the hot water tank by-pass valve is on the back of the hot water tank and looks like the access is below the sink in the kitchen.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 09:03 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I always chuckle when I read the word "access". Remember, if the opening is large enough to get your arm into, then there's your access. I had a conversation with Winnie regarding accessing my WH bypass and was told there was space to reach behind my 110v circuit breaker panel to reach the valving. True enough, there was room, but operating the valves was a totally blind operation, couldn't see a thing with my arm in the way. Hmmm, some peoples definition of "access" may not jive with your interpretation.
Lt46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 11:23 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Lt46 Yes I have a nice little door to "access" the water valves for the washing machine BUT I always leave a little blood and skin when turn them off or on.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water