Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-31-2020, 06:35 PM   #1
wah
Winnebago Watcher

"No Current Detect on Front Motor" - Kwikee DigiSync Slide System

Apologies if this is a repeat topic (I'm sure it is), but I ran multiple searches and not finding anything.

First time out after de-winterizing and the slide system is giving me the subject fault. Worked for a quick second on the way out. Did the rest manually. Everything is plugged in. Checked the fuses/circuit breaker. Am I missing something easy?

Thanks.

2006 Itasca Sunova 30B
wah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 06:46 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

First trip of the season can be easy to forget the really small important points, so I suggest a double check of what is done. Does your system require engine to be running. Things like that can be really easy to miss.
Next I might look at some form of "reset" to the little brain in the system. Got the book on hand to check for anything of that sort?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 07:01 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

WAH,
Go to the Lippert Components website on the following link and you will find a troubleshooting flowchart for your problem. Looks like basically a wiring or a motor problem.
https://support.lci1.com/kwikee-slide-out-system

EDIT: This link may not be for your exact system but probably close enough or you might search further on that website.

Worst case, do you have the manual crank that you can use to manually move the slide in and out?
Bones2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 07:08 PM   #4
Site Team

How are the batteries? It may help to run the engine or generator (we’re normally on shore power when we pull ours in). We’ve got the same system. Are the lights flashing on the face of the controller?
Old 04-01-2020, 06:12 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Assume you had the engine running when you tried to operate the slide - the engine MUST be running as the motors draw significant current.
I have had 2 defective slide controllers since the coach was new. You can test yours if you have more than one slide by locating where the controllers are installed and moving the wiring for the defective slide to the other controller to see if it will operate. In my Journey, the controllers are located behind a panel aft of the DS rear axle along with a lot of electrical connections for the chassis. Best bet is to d/l the Winn electrical diagrams for your coach to see where the controllers are on your coach. Good luck,
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kwikee, slide