Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-26-2019, 08:11 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Newbie Error(but I know better!)

Came back from a weekend up island, it was hot ,so we were plugged in to campsites power to run A/C. When we packed up to leave,the temp setting was such that the unit was not on. Got home and plugged into my shore power and the temp was still below where the A/C would kick in. I only have 15 amp power at the RV, ok for the fridge and converter but Not A/C. I generally leave the roof fans on and window open to keep the coach fresh.Short story longer...temperature rose to point of A/C kicking in, ran for a bit then tripped the breaker in garage supplying power to coach. I did not know this till DW went in and found no lights or any power 12v. Without the converter charging and maintaining 12v power, the fans dragged the batteries flat.Tracked down the A/C on switch, positioned it where it should have been put on our pack up, to OFF and all is good in life and RVs again.

2008 38T Itasca Suncruiser/2004 Tracker toad
1953m38a1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags