Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2006, 07:31 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

We will make an appointment to take it to the dealership where we bought it. And I have my list with everything on it. I going to try your tips and see if the line and the vent is something me or my husband can correct.
After we got back from this past trip, our passenger seat stop functioning. It's the electric one like the driver seat. It was working fine. We checked the connection under the seat to make sure it didn't come unplugged and it didn't. So that's another little bug.
It's nothing serious wrong with the MH and I know with new ones we'll have to work the bugs out.

Sweet40FD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:15 AM   #22
Winnebago Master

SWEET40FD: The same problems seem to crop up in all the coaches. I have the same problem with my passenger seat electronics. While the connector was in fact connected, I wiggled it around and sure enough the seat started working. This happens on a continual basis. I have never felt it was serious enough to put a new one on. It will work every time I wiggle the connector. Some times it will work for months with out messing with it, then again. I hope you report back on your phone line problem, as I have that one too. RV having fun yet??
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 09:28 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Thanks Homer; I'll try that on the seat.
Did you ever take your RV to have the Dealership work on your phone line? If so, what did they tell you? We took ours this past Friday and the tech didn't know. He was going to call Winnabego and see if they had any suggestions. He was supposed to have called us back Monday but we haven't heard from him. So I'm going to check the wires in the back like one of the posters suggested. But I'll let you know one way or the other.
Cheryl

Old 05-17-2006, 11:03 AM   #24
Winnebago Master

Sweet40FD: No I have never taken it to the dealer for the phone line. He is 65 miles away from here and it takes weeks even months to get a date, then it sets on their lot for a week or more before they look at it. If it isn't something obvious, they just do not get involved. The phone company tech checked it all out and said the wiring looked ok, but some one may have driven a screw or a staple into the line at some point. He could not generate a signal over the line in the coach. Since it is hidden, going under the driver door with a flat phone wire was just too easy and it doesn't look bad at all. Most people never notice it. We have a cordless model phone, we keep the main unit under the drivers seat and put the handset on the coffee table. It works fine. Hope you get your problem solved.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 11:48 AM   #25
Winnebago Owner

Homer: The dealerhip we took it to last Friday was basically the same as what yours sounds like. I don't think he really wanted to fool with it. Our dealership is about 40 or so miles from us. But we have the traffic to contend with on getting over there. And I'm hoping they will take the time to see or even call Winnebago for assistance. Rick still works and he works a couple of days here at home in the Coach. He needs the phone lines working. We have the phone line running in through a window right now. We sure have gotten some very funny comments from Non-Winnebago owners. They tell us that's why we should have bought another brand of MH because of this one only being a few weeks old. And the money spent that we shouldn't have that many problems with it. I keep taking up for Winnebego each and every time.