Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-16-2022, 08:15 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVBeachJB View Post
Thanks for the input. Since I've just replaced the 6v batteries, I'm going to stick with them until the time comes, and then decide whether or not to go 12v.
I agree. BTW, you should make up your signature with the type of rig you have so when you ask a question folks know what you have ; like mine.
SgtB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 08:26 AM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Thanks - will do.
SVBeachJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 10:37 AM   #23
Site Team

Once you correctly connect the two 6v batteries in Series - Positive terminal of battery 1 to Negative terminal of battery 2 you then you have ONE 12v battery (made up of 2-6v batteries).

So connecting them to your RV and or connecting them to a charger and or connecting them to your multimeter you have to continue to see them as one battery. Put the multimeter's positive probe on the positive terminal of Battery 1 and then the negative probe on the negative terminal of Battery 2. That's how you'll see 12v on your multimeter.

Same with connecting to a charger - one lead on one battery and the other on the other battery. And, the same for the positive and negative of the connections to the RV. One connection on one battery and the other connection of the second battery.

The TWO batteries are now ONE battery.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-09-16 at 11.36.43 AM.png
Views:	24
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	184161  
Old 09-16-2022, 11:11 AM   #24
Winnebago Camper

Thanks - I got that figured out and am now getting 12v+ across the two batteries. New issue - inverter is on, lights, fan/light over stove all working. No power to receptacles. Panel on sink cabinet has a GFCI and an Output Breaker, both of which are popped and won't reset. There also is a GFCI receptacle by entry door. Checked the line side of the receptacle, but can't figure out how to access the GFCI and Output Breaker. Thoughts?
SVBeachJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 11:53 AM   #25
Winnebago Master

Looks like progress, so moving on to the next group! Good deal!

On the 110AC, this is the drawing that shows how it feeds from the plug to the RV:

https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ire_161702.pdf

Taking a look at it, brings more questions!
One is what you may be expecting and whether it matches what should happen as it looks like only the microwave and one outlet for the TV run through the inverter! On this drawing, since you have an inverter, you will want to follow only the option bubble which has 40b next to it.

When plugged or genset running, thepowerpassesthrough the inverter, but if not plugged, the inverter should use battery to make AC and pass to things past it, but only those items.

So are you plugged in or generator running to give power to the rest? One point is that GFCI will not reset if there is no power to them!

See if that clears a few more items onthe list!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, house batteries, power