Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2013, 09:10 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

New Dimensions Pure-Sine Inverter

I've been in contact with the Dimensions folks concerning a replacement for the Dimensions Quasi-Sine Inverter installed by Winnebago on our 2008 Vectra. I was looking for an inverter that would be a easy swap-out, without extensive modifications. Contacted Steve VanDyke, [email protected], National Sales Manager, and he suggested a new line of inverter/chargers in pure-sine wave 1,000 and 3,000 watt, specifically, the 2000 watt 2000W 12VDC Pure Sine NP Series Inverter Charger | Dimensions 12NP20 as an ideal replacement. These inverter/chargers are about ready to come on the market and I'll keep the forum advised on our switch to the pure sine.
John
Old 04-26-2013, 11:21 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

pure sine inverter

Chief, here is another source of inverters. I had to replace mine last year and went to a magnum psw, MS2000. At the time they had the best price, and are really nice people to deal with. I was replacing a Xantex 458 2000 modified sine wave, and you could really tell the difference. Mostly if I ran the microwave. Steve

Boat Supplies, Marine Electronics & Sailing Gear | iMarine USA
steved44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:23 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

I replaced my Dimensions with a Magnum MS2000 a few years ago, and it's not a big deal to swap them at all. If the Dimensions was avaliable when I did this I still would have gone for the Magnum simply because it has a rock-solid track record, and it's a real American company that stands behind what they sell and answers the phone with people that speak english.

I looked on their site at the unit and don't see any indication of a real remote panel for this inverter, nor any mention other than a remote switch.

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:57 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCVJeff View Post
I replaced my Dimensions with a Magnum MS2000 a few years ago, and it's not a big deal to swap them at all. If the Dimensions was avaliable when I did this I still would have gone for the Magnum simply because it has a rock-solid track record, and it's a real American company that stands behind what they sell and answers the phone with people that speak english.

I looked on their site at the unit and don't see any indication of a real remote panel for this inverter, nor any mention other than a remote switch.
As stated on the spec sheet, "Each system comes with an easy to use 7-segment LED display. The display provides status, input/output values, programming, and troubleshooting information. The display can also be used as a remote for use in another part of the vehicle by ordering an extension kit." Also confirmed with the company, my current display will support the new inverter.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:44 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Missed that but it makes sense. Still, do yourself a favor and look at the Magnum before taking the plunge. I have all of the manuals on .pdf if interested.

Btw- Magnum's remote was an exact fit replacement.

Jeff - WA6EQU
Old 04-27-2013, 10:12 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Another thing I was concerned with is the cable from the unit to the over the drivers head display. some of the inverters use a cat5 cable, so you would have to run a new cable all the way. The MS2000 uses a phone cable, like your old one so it's a plug in job. Steve
steved44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:04 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

I'm pretty sure it was a direct plug-in. Don't think I ran a new one, but its wired either straight or flipped, and that's an easy change.

Jeff - WA6EQU

Tags
inverter