Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-16-2023, 07:31 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Need Some Help With Inverter...

Its been a very long time since we dry camped in our Adventurer 37F (2016). We decided to replace the easy rest sofa are running off of inverter power.

All of the plugs work on generator power, but when using only inverter power most of the driver's side plugs don't work. The passenger side plugs do, but I seem to remember the plug by the utility garage (cubby next to sink) working in the past when on inverter power, but perhaps I'm just remembering wrong....

My simple question is does the driver side not work on inverter power?

Thanks and sorry for being so dense.
harrington63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 10:01 PM   #2
Site Team

Some plugs work on the inverter and some plugs don’t. But it’s not one side works and the other side doesn’t. They are sprinkled around the RV.

Also be sure that you don’t have a popped GFCI on one of your plugs that’s disabling one side of the RV.
Old 02-17-2023, 07:58 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

This will be the flow of power to the inverter panel and out as I've drawn in red. checking that the power is getting to and through those breakers is one step. If you follow the lines from the inverter breaker to the different locations where it is used and find some of those places work, it tells you not to worry the inverter breakers.
But if you find one or more of the "routes" out of the inverter breaker is not working, check to make sure that breaker is fully tripped off and then back on.

Think of this drawing as an old paper road map and find the "hole in the road"???

Click this snip to get better view or go direct here on page 7!

https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ire_189384.pdf

Click image for larger version

Name:	inverter flow.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	214.7 KB
ID:	185170

Maybe the bridge is out?
See if that makes sense and tell us what you find? Lots of info out there, we just need to sort the good stuff out of the confusion!

EDIT:
Note that the last bottom route is NOT on the inverter, so the galley/ dinette will not work when not plugged into power. Blue line down, perhaps?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 09:59 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thanks so much for the help. I think everything is working as it is supposed to. I also have a travel trailer, which I use more often for dry camping (we do astrophotography in the Southern California Desert), it is wired so that every plug works on inverter power. I think I simply forgot and/or confused myself.

At any rate, its awesome that you all took the time to help me out.

Best!
harrington63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 10:51 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Since small details like which outlets are fed by GFCI, I found it worthwhile to do some things to help me sort it when needed. One was making a copy of the drawings which showed the path for the electrical. This was something that I noted where and what the GFCI fed and which outlets were fed on inverter or not. Filing this in a folder of info, let me go to the info quickly if we needed it on the road where the net was less than sure.
A small dot with permanent marker on each outlet made me know to look for tripped GFCI if that outlet dying suddenly!
We found doing the study in advance was much better than doing it on the road and often under pressure like having plans or visitors in and then finding things did not work.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter