Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2016, 03:52 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Mystery switch on 2014 Itasca

I have not posted in some time but we now have a new to us 2014 Itasca Sunova 33C. So far so good. Looking to put it on the road soon likely to a Winnie dealer to put some stuff on it. During the walk thru we were told what this switch was but old brains do not remember.

It is just to the right of the leveling jacks. It has three buttons labeled reset, setup, and info. When I push the buttons something clicks like a solenoid. What in the world is it?
Old 04-20-2016, 03:56 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgelesley View Post
I have not posted in some time but we now have a new to us 2014 Itasca Sunova 33C. So far so good. Looking to put it on the road soon likely to a Winnie dealer to put some stuff on it. During the walk thru we were told what this switch was but old brains do not remember.

It is just to the right of the leveling jacks. It has three buttons labeled reset, setup, and info. When I push the buttons something clicks like a solenoid. What in the world is it?
That is how you reset your trip odometer, look at what the outside temperature is, see engine hours and I can't think of the others right now. I can look tonight if you still need more info.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:59 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

That is the switch to reset the reading on your speedometer I think. I have a Winnebago Vista ad this looks like the one I have to the right of my steering wheel. It resets the trip odometer. and show some other functions
poppy bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 04:00 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Those 3 push buttons are standard on all Ford F53 Chassis RVs, the details on them is in the Ford F53 Chassis Owner's Manual that came with your RV. But the don't do much other than what 530ktm already told you in his prior reply.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 06:55 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

It also gives you a highly optimistic MPG figure. Compared to my ScanGauge, it's always about 2 mpg higher on the dash. I think it's called the "Salesman's Helper!"
LeeOts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 04:31 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Thanks to all for the help! Now if I can just find a maint schedule for the F-53 since there was no chassis book in the vehicle.
Old 04-21-2016, 06:24 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Ford Owner Manuals

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 06:28 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeOts View Post
It also gives you a highly optimistic MPG figure. Compared to my ScanGauge, it's always about 2 mpg higher on the dash. I think it's called the "Salesman's Helper!"
Have you calibrated your speed/distance and fuel consumption corrections on the ScanGauge? On mine I have about a 5% correction on both. Speed matches GPS, distance matches mile markers (over say 100 miles - individual ones vary) and fill ups come within a gallon or two (more variation from sloped pavement, ethanol content, and generator usage).

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 02:27 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tderonne View Post
Thx so much. I just learned I cannot download it in chrome on my iPad. I did save the link on the iPad and will print the six or so pages I want with me on the road with my old pc.
Old 04-21-2016, 06:16 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Have you calibrated your speed/distance and fuel consumption corrections on the ScanGauge?...
Yes, also, the SG and a mileage tracking app on my phone are within 0.2mpg of each other. I've kept track of every gallon since purchase including generator time. There may be a way to calibrate the Ford mpg calculator but there are limits to my obsessive-compulsive behavior!
LeeOts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 01:21 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Thx a bunch! I have printed on paper the main pages I wanted and can access the rest if needed now via a link thx again,

Tags
itasca