Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2008, 03:32 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Okay let's let the truth be known here. First of all I am a 64 yr. old overweight rolly polly guy, not the best one to go under the dash. But I looked under the dash - with great effort I might add - there is no way I can get close to seeing the sensor to find the wire that leads to the radio. Too much crap!

Tried to take the radio out - did that with no problem until it stopped - I wasn't about to yank any harder - with my luck I'd be buying a new radio. I also read the manual (imagine that) said that if the radio had lost power it may need re-set. I remembered the dealer said he put in a new battery - ahah! Hit the reset button - still doesn't work.

It's late I am cold and right now I'll leave it up to the dealer who sold it to me to fix it!!!

Can we have an Amen......

Oh yeah - and while I was out there I signed up for my 6 mos of free satelite radio - only to find it will be all used up by the end of March.....Got to call the dealer on that on too.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:32 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Okay let's let the truth be known here. First of all I am a 64 yr. old overweight rolly polly guy, not the best one to go under the dash. But I looked under the dash - with great effort I might add - there is no way I can get close to seeing the sensor to find the wire that leads to the radio. Too much crap!

Tried to take the radio out - did that with no problem until it stopped - I wasn't about to yank any harder - with my luck I'd be buying a new radio. I also read the manual (imagine that) said that if the radio had lost power it may need re-set. I remembered the dealer said he put in a new battery - ahah! Hit the reset button - still doesn't work.

It's late I am cold and right now I'll leave it up to the dealer who sold it to me to fix it!!!

Can we have an Amen......

Oh yeah - and while I was out there I signed up for my 6 mos of free satelite radio - only to find it will be all used up by the end of March.....Got to call the dealer on that on too.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:50 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Tom, any chance that you have a "tip up" dash. I would have thought so...rgr...
rgrstndgby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:55 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Not that I could tell - how would ou know if it does tip up? Are there latches somewhere??? I guess I don't know where to look....From what I saw everything looked like it was screwed down???
Old 03-16-2008, 02:48 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

It's the same radio I have in my 07 Sunrise. You should have a couple of tools that go on each side of the radio that unlatch it from the bracket it is mounted in and it will pull out with cables attached.

2007 Sunrise 35L
TB-ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:52 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

No more lift up dash - I'd go crazy without one. Glad I can't afford a new motohome!

Read the other thread. Yup, love my flip up dash, lots of wires under there, but I just flip it up and start digging, easy!

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 06:07 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

No more lift up dash...I wonder if winnie did that because of to many people digging around lots of wires and creating more problems that winnie had to fix under warranty?

Jim

Our Webpage
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:51 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

I can easily remove my dash cover by removing 3 or 4 screws. I did have it lose once to access the rear of the Sony rear view monitor to plug in a cable so I could send the output of my laptop to my rear view monitor. Took a minute to remove the screws with an electric screwdriver.

Since it's only a cover no wires bend when removing it. Do the tilt up dashes flexed much of the cabling???

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 05:25 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Tom
I am interested in the idea of using the rear camera monitor to see computer output. I have software and a GPS that connect to the laptop for use while traveling. The laptop really sticks up too far to be convenient while driving. Could you please go into more detail about this? Feel free to contact me at [email protected] if you like.
Robert

2002 Journey 36DL

2002 36GD Journey DL
Robert Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 05:41 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Tom asked..
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Do the tilt up dashes flexed much of the cabling??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No,they dont, the harness accomodate the flex. Its a really nice feature, sorry they have dropped it...rgr...
rgrstndgby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 07:50 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robert Rice:
Tom
I am interested in the idea of using the rear camera monitor to see computer output. I have software and a GPS that connect to the laptop for use while traveling. The laptop really sticks up too far to be convenient while driving. Could you please go into more detail about this? Feel free to contact me at [email protected] if you like.
Robert

2002 Journey 36DL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I started a new subject thread on the laptop to monitor subject so this thread will not be hijacked. Below is a photo I took this morning.

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 02:30 PM   #12
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rocket Heart:
Okay let's let the truth be known here. First of all I am a 64 yr. old overweight rolly polly guy, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is this where the "Rocket Heart" comes from?
Fakrwee is offline   Reply With Quote