Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-08-2020, 07:51 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Missing Push Button Circuit Breaker

Good day all,

I am new to this forum. I have a 2004 Adventurer 35U on a workhorse chassis that is missing a 40AMP push button circuit breaker. The breaker is connected via bus bar and then another cable is connected to the top of it with a screw. The panel says its for the Front Chassis Panel. Is there supposed to be a breaker there and where can i find it? Also what does it power? Thank you for the help.
Chewynacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 09:34 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Some questions to make sure we know what it is you need?
You have found a panel with labels but there is a 40 amp breaker missing? Can you tell us where this panel is located? Are there electrical things that are not working or is this more a question of just noting the breaker missing? The front chassis panel sounds like it would be feeding the panel that is often near the drivers left foot and a 40 would sound like one that would put a lot of sub circuits out, but that is pretty sketchy guessing!
By where to find it, do you mean where to find a replacement part?
Sorry for all the questions but I like to get the straight problem sorted.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 09:47 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

There are many different configurations that are available within any particular line, like the Vista in my case. I just added a new breaker to the main panel for the external macerator pump. There were at least 2 spots labeled, but that had no breaker in them. Although they did have a plug.

Those slots were for other slide related breakers. But my Vista 29V only has one slide. Whereas other Vista's have more than one slide, and therefore room for the breakers.

San Francisco Bay Area
sundog964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 09:48 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

If it is the 40 amp breaker at the steps, it looks like it feeds wire BY which the chart says feeds the auto AC blower and that kills the dash blower?
Click these snips for a better view?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wire BY.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	176161   Click image for larger version

Name:	BY.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	176162  

Old 12-08-2020, 10:18 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

That is the drawing i pulled. Currently the rear heat is not working. The panel is located under the step where the battery disconnect is.
Old 12-08-2020, 10:35 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

So is it that 40 amp breaker missing and you need to know where to get it?
Keep in mind that if that breaker was removed because it would not hold, there is likely to be a problem and the blower motor would seem to be a real suspect. Do you know any history of the RV and why the breaker might be missing?
Some of the recent posts have mentioned that their battery charging is not working right due to the breaker feeding the mode solenoid is also feeding the blower motor. When the blower motor fan shifts, it is thought that it jams and blows this feed.
The way things often work is that a simple thing like the fan shifting on it's shaft, makes the blower motor blow the breaker and as a result, the battery charging doesn't work right!
Electronics sometimes reminds me of the old game about somebody getting killed in which room and by whom? You have to start with what you know and gradually work until you find the correct answer.
EDIT:
Possible Winnebago part number for the breaker, but definitely check that before buying!
093655-03-000 EA CIRCUIT BREAKER - 40 AMP - 12 VOLT - PUSH BUTTON - WHITE
Your year parts catalog comes only as a vauge PDF listing with little info on location, so that number is an "estimated guess"?
I might also suggest looking at local sources of parts for best pricing and also to get hands on to compare size and all those important details.
Old 12-08-2020, 10:39 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

I have no history as to why it was removed. I had to order a new solenoid because it is not charging my house batteries and was looking at installing the 40 amp breaker. This originally started with me installing a switch for the air assisted brakes compressor. im not even certain if the rear coach heater works. I have already found the breaker just wanted to see what i needed to be aware of before intstall
Old 12-08-2020, 01:10 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Okay, see where you are now then!
At this point, does the mode solenoid pull up to get the coach battery charging when the engine runs? I have not chased out the full path but this this breaker may be stopping the flow to operate the mode solenoid as it does on some RV and not on others.
If not too late, perhaps check there is voltage coming to the solenoid from the dash on the 16 gauge yellow wire LM as it feeds the solenoid coil and goes to ground on the mounting screw and wire FM. LM has two paths that it gets power to do this. One is when we push the boost switch on the dash and the other comes when we have the ignition switch on, so it can get into a puzzle if we are not alert to that. Boost switch ties the coach bat to the start battery as "jump start" but in the other way it ties the start battery to the coach so that we get charging while driving. Two different processes but same result? So it can get confusing if the solenoid works one time but not the other!
If you connect 12 volts to the small lug and ground on the other small wire and the solenoid doesn't make the connection THEN you do need a new one.
Sorry if this sounds like explaining lots of stuff you already knew but I thought better to tell you too much than to let you not get the whole idea and spin your wheels?
Old 12-13-2020, 11:09 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewynacho View Post
I have no history as to why it was removed. I had to order a new solenoid because it is not charging my house batteries and was looking at installing the 40 amp breaker. This originally started with me installing a switch for the air assisted brakes compressor. im not even certain if the rear coach heater works. I have already found the breaker just wanted to see what i needed to be aware of before intstall

The Adventurer 35U on a Workhorse is a Gas Chassis with Hydroboost Hydraulic Brakes using a belt driven hydraulic pump with an electric backup pump in case the belt fails so I'm a bit confused with the air assisted brakes unless your talking about an aftermarket brake system for the toad.

Yes cleaning up after precious owner repairs and modifications can many times be a challenge.