Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-18-2022, 07:36 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Minnie Winnie 12V System not turning on

Hey folks! I own a small fleet of Minnie Winnies I rent out. I'm having issues with the 12v system on a 2019 22R.
The 12v system isn't turning on. I already changed the solenoid, the relay, the switch and tested for continuity from the relay harness to the battery switch and I'm still wondering what the heck is going on lol.

When I bypass the relay, everything works fine. It's just that I can't get the 12v system to turn on via the switch.
RVPirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 05:21 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

Solved it myself. There's a darn 5 amp fuse hidden from sight that attached to the relay connector. Hot darn!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220919_161256.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	477.0 KB
ID:	184187  
RVPirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 05:39 PM   #3
Site Team

Hi RV Pirates,
This is good to know of that in-line fuse hidden away in there. I wonder what caused it to blow in the first place? Is it possible that road dirt created a sneak circuit?
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 09-19-2022, 07:52 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

This is one of those cases where things may be giving you advance warning of big trouble coming!
The fuse is shown on the limited drawings we get for newer model RV.

Click these snips to get a better view of what I'm seeing!

This is from the wiring diagrams:

Name:	fuse1.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	181.9 KB
ID:	184188

There are several areas where I would be concerned with the current state of the electronics and how they may work in the future!
One big point is the sheer amount of dirt and where that dirt may collect and get wet!

Are these folks driving into the water or is it just sand and condensation?

Either way, it looks like big time trouble if this is not kept clear.
The 5 amp probalby blew due to being shorted to ground as it is easy to spot where that can happen on several circuits in this box.
This is about one of the highest priority sections for the RV, so things may get critical if it continues!

Note there is a 50 amp breaker in the other corner? That tripping will put lots of stuff out of action and then there are a couple other points where the 12 volt chassis battery is very close to ground by design and when dirt and sand get added and wet, things can go bad real quick!

What would bother me is how close to totally shorting out both coach and start systems, you are getting!

Looking at this drawing, there is a big solenoid ( colored purple?) in this drawing and it has all the power for the whole RV connected to it. This is where the two systems get connected together, so it is critical that it operates. But the scary part is how close to the body, which is all ground and the connections that carry the power. The two big lugs probably have at least a 1/4-1/2 inch of clear space but that center one I marked is really close to being grounded out and shutting down the ignition run circuit!

Name:	fuse2 copy.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	184190

To sleep well, I would have to seal this box really well or clean and check it after every rental return!
Otherwise, I think you might be looking at some really bad reviews when one totally stops working!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 04:09 PM   #5
BK1
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVPirates View Post
Hey folks! I own a small fleet of Minnie Winnies I rent out. I'm having issues with the 12v system on a 2019 22R.
The 12v system isn't turning on. I already changed the solenoid, the relay, the switch and tested for continuity from the relay harness to the battery switch and I'm still wondering what the heck is going on lol.

When I bypass the relay, everything works fine. It's just that I can't get the 12v system to turn on via the switch.
Hey there...
I'm fairly new to this travel trailer stuff so please excuse any ignorance.
I've got a 2017 Micro Minnie 2106FBS. The 12V system is not functioning at all and I wonder if it could be the same problem.
It's a bit of a story, but for the sake of completeness, here it is:

Last time we used it (about a month ago), everything was working.
The other day I stopped by to check the batteries (2 × 100ah LiFePO⁴). They were completely flat. I assumed (likely incorrectly) it was because we'd left the awning power switch on.
So I turned it off and hooked up my mobile solar system. Sun isn't very high these days, but it's slowly gotten them back up to 13.1V (approx 40% SOC). I then proceeded to patrially winterize with compressed air (did everything except winterize the grey and black tanks as we will be using the rig again in November). Then decided to descale the water heater, using the method whereby it's filled through its drain, rather than drawing vinegar through the pump. Definitely got a little splashy when doing that. It was when I then attempted to turn on the water heater that I noticed I was getting no 12V power.
Then plugged in to shore power. Everything works.
Crawled under the trailer, looking for a reset breaker or something. Couldn't find one. Opened up a junction box near the front of TT. Lots of connections but didn't notice a fuse. Suppose it's possible that I overlooked it. Is that where you found that fuse you mention?
Any other thoughts here?
Frustrating.
Thanks in advance for any help.
bk
BK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 07:15 PM   #6
BK1
Winnebago Camper

May have found it

Been scratching my head and snooping around on here and may have found the problem.
Apparently there is a tiny reset switch in that junction box. I haven't had a chance to confirm, but hopefully that is indeed the issue.
Reposting a pic from a previous thread:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20221005_175835.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	333.4 KB
ID:	184348  
BK1 is offline   Reply With Quote