Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-08-2020, 12:34 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Miniwinnie 2106 solar install.

Going to mount a 100 watt panel on the top just behind the front vent cover between that and the AC unit. Is there any wiring or such in the roof that the mounting screws would interfere with or damage?
Lacy Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 02:25 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

WBGO has a pretty good schematic of systems on the web...there are diagrams of plumbing, electrical and so on - see below:

Go to www.winnebago.com
Click on Owners on the top menubar
Click on Owners tools
Scroll Down Click on Research Genuine Winnebago Parts/Parts Catalog
Click on your Model Year and find your model and floorplan.

Another alternative if you have a fiberglas roof: many installers are using double-sided VHB tape on the mounts covered with Dicor. I have 8 panels that have been in place 5 years without problem.

And ... you can also call WBGO direct and their folks are pretty good about answering questions.

My bottom line: diagrams and descriptions of what might be where are not always accurate - be careful drilling / cutting holes in the roof.

And welcome to a new set of friends! Questions always welcomed...
Old 06-08-2020, 02:30 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks Steve. Great info.
Lacy Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 02:56 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

The 2020s may even have something located up top (but hidden???). If you have a 2020 and it doesn't have an inlet plug near the front left door, there may be something up top. I have a 2019, so I cannot comment personally.
Old 06-22-2020, 09:51 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lv2Roam2 View Post
WBGO has a pretty good schematic of systems on the web...there are diagrams of plumbing, electrical and so on - see below:

Go to www.winnebago.com
Click on Owners on the top menubar
Click on Owners tools
Scroll Down Click on Research Genuine Winnebago Parts/Parts Catalog
Click on your Model Year and find your model and floorplan.

Another alternative if you have a fiberglas roof: many installers are using double-sided VHB tape on the mounts covered with Dicor. I have 8 panels that have been in place 5 years without problem.

And ... you can also call WBGO direct and their folks are pretty good about answering questions.

My bottom line: diagrams and descriptions of what might be where are not always accurate - be careful drilling / cutting holes in the roof.

And welcome to a new set of friends! Questions always welcomed...
very helpful. just received the solar panel from the same brand that pre-wired the RV. Looking for advice on the best way to fix it in the roof. I will research the site for schematics and call winnebago. Meanwhile, any advice is welcome!
Red_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, solar